It's FRIDAY 3-18-05, weekend modeling plans!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well it is the start of another weekend for everyone. What does everyone have in store for this weekend?

For me, tomorrow night i have to go and get things ready for the Fire Companies monthly sub sale, Saturday selling subs or what not. Sunday, not sure if anything is going on, but i am sure that fire whistle will blow again LOL. I knew i wouldn't have time this weekend to do anything but hey it happens sometimes.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

Ray Marinaccio

Got a train show to go to on Saturday.
I hope to get a little more done on my turntable project.

Attachments

• Mar17^09.JPG
    Mar17^09.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 72

jetrock

This weekend will be weird levels of busy but hopefully I can do some more scenery work on my berm and backdrop. I'll be building giant monsters and going to meetings of the two boards I am on, and hopefully getting started on my 15 page research paper--but a few hours of trains should be a good way to avoid going into a panic in between that stuff...

I'm working on a pair of Funaro & Camerlengo Erie steel milk cars. The Erie converted a few of them to express/mail storage cars by scrapping the reefer doors and installing internal sliding doors. They made the runs between the big cities with the overnight trains and were painted in the Erie two0tone green scheme. They'll look sharp with my Erie two-tone green lightweight baggage car! ;)

Glen Haasdyk

On Saturday I'm going out of town for the day. My Inlaws are taking my Wife and myself out for a bit of shopping across the border. Not really looking for anything, just need to get out of town for a bit after a long winter (so it seems)
Any modeling time will be spent putting the roof on my warehouse building, and starting work on other buildings for either my layout or my club's. I do plan to run trains at least for a bit. If nothing else it will help to maintain my sanity!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
For the weekend we have an Easter Egg Hunt at our church Saturday morning and in the afternoon my son is attending a birthday party. Sunday is my daughter’s last basketball game for the season. In between these events we have to go mattress shopping.

If I have time I would like to make the coal load for a Stewart PRR hopper I am working on and start assembling an Athearn Reading 5 hopper set. I also have an Athearn 2-bay composite hopper lettered for Southern and a 4-bay hopper lettered for Lehigh Valley I could also start. The LV hopper will have to be renumbered since it is a duplicate of one I have.

I would also like to finish the coloring of the talus on the Passenger Station Diorama and begin laying the turf and other ground features such as trees, clump foliage, and fine leaf foliage on the outside creek bank.

I have some of my latest EBay winnings arrive yesterday so I may look them over this weekend. I got an Accurail boxcar in Atlanta & West Point. I originally got because the price was very low and I thought I would strip it and do it in something else. Now I am not so sure. The other item is a Funaro & Camerlengo kit that contains two gondolas with decals to make them for the Reading. This is my first craftsman kit. Everything including the car body has to be put together and painted. Has anyone done one of these?

J&A_RR

finally garage sale day, gonna take what doesn't sale to goodwill and then have more room to work on the layout. we need to get started on the backdrop and start on a barn and silo. fun fun... mom should be coming in which the boys will like. great weekend ahead. take care everyone.

Drew1125

I've started an On30 diorama that I'm hoping to get some work done on this weekend...

ctw...Ray, That turntable looks really cool! :cool: :thumb:

Livesteam

Im going to find the girl of my dreams, nah she moved, Ill probally sit and see some TV and than do some stuff to my train set.

ausien

As usual this thread starts when my week end is nearly over, it is saturday morning here now... and I have cleared the layout of the junk from the last time I/we worked on it, only to put more junk on it tomorrow. I/we will atempt to lay the yards, for the third, or is it the fourth time, I dont realy remember how many times I have changed my mind about the yards, but it is fun to have my mates over for the day...have a good one..steve

CBCNSfan

Not sure but probably what I've been doing all week, grab the mud bucket, some gauze, some P of P some of the molds and do some rockwork and cover the foam with irregularities.
Cheers Willis

francismaximus

I can't do anything!!!!:mad: My In-laws are in from Europe for 3 weeks!! And they are sleeping in my office, computer room, railroad. Ughhhh! Well maybe I'll make some trees or something. But I'm pretty much out of commission for the time being.

jasbourre

As I stated last week I finally got my track plan on the table, hopefully this weekend I will be able to give it some elevation, and work on laying down the cork.
I have seen an artical a couple of months ago in MR mag about using N gauge cork and a 1/4 spacer, I think I will give it a try, since I have lots left over.

NYC-BKO

Let's see:

Right now I'm waiting to see if I have to work tonite & or tomorrow, so if I do modeling will be at a minimum.
If not, I have an Accurail TriLevel I want to build, start sorting out my engine projects ( been collecting parts - now it's time to sort what goes with what ), I'm still hesitant on the Tichy gon, have to find a paint match for the weight and brass piping, directions say to spray entire underframe??? There are many more things to do, too.-:confused:

Atleast I can still run trains if I have to work, heck they will be run anyhow!!-:thumb:

Hope everyone has a great weekend !!!!-:wave:

seanm

Aquiring another 100 or so pieces of C55-flex and a pile of switches (ran out!).... Also picking up an an set of UP E8's ABA for a set of passenger cars that are on their way!
I am also working on my wiring and may have the lower level wired and ready to test run.

J&A_RR said:
finally garage sale day, gonna take what doesn't sale to goodwill ...

Good for you. My wife works for GW. They do good things.

As for me, here are my plans for Saturday,

If it rains: TAXES.

If it doesn't rain: TAXES

If the world ends: TAXES

Sunday I plan on spending most of the day crying over how much I have to pay in taxes.
Doc

My plans for the weekend are to finish some of the scenes that I started on the unusual layout. My son and I finished one already today. Pictures are posted in the photograph section of the forum. There are a couple more that we started and did not finish.

Bikerpete

Nothing much...continue working on the workshop under the stairs, maybe build something...I don't feel too enthusiastic about railroad modeling right now so I'll probably just see what happens.

PB

revandy

Rebuilding and cleaning out the workshop area, just too much stuff hanging around all over the place.
Rev. Andy