Its FRIDAY 11-18-05, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend will be busy with the bi-annual and get ready for Thanksgiving tours of the local grocery stores. Tomorrow we are taking my son’s Cub Scout den into Philadelphia to visit Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. We will be riding the train into town so the kids fill two requirements: visit a historic site and ride a train. Sunday my daughter has her usual cheerleading practices. Somewhere in the middle of all this running we would like to find time to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

On the modeling front I would like to finish the windows on the farm house and begin painting the roof. After that I have so many projects to choose from. There is weathering a tank car, or hoppers, or boxcars. I have a small garage kit for the Farm House Diorama I could also start. I would also like to continue updating my website.

N

nachoman

I've got tons of schoolwork to do, and tomorrow is the culring tournament. I make a goal to get some modeling work ddone each day, so I know I will get something done. Probably just some painting and work on the signal tower challenge and add some chutes to my ore tipple.

kevin

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Parents will be visiting the grandkids to see the local Santa Claus parade. This year (for the first time) it is at night. A friend is driving his lawn-tractored-based Thomas for the kids. Should be fun, but I think that is about as close to train-stuff I will get this weekend... ;)

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Heyyyy, I just got my train room cleaned up,:thumb::thumb: and now I can continue working on my Atlas tower challenge. I might even put down some more track on my layout addition if the urge is strong enough.:wave::rolleyes: :wave: :rolleyes:

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
The Platelayers are meeting on Sunday.
Saturday there are layout tours in Hamilton, but we'll pass them up because We go down to the same area Sunday, and the Brampton Santa Claus parade is on Saturday night. If I can get a 1" wrench I can replace a washer -- biggest I have is 15/16"!

C

Catt

More work on the 2TRAK modules.I have some changes for the track plan before it's to late.

Just possibly some work on the Matthysen sub.

Hope to get some stuff done to my new HALLMARK church too. :D

CSX

Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
www.freewebs.com
I will be putting Kadee #5's on all of my freight cars and my SD40-2 locomotive. I'll also put together 2 boxcar kits, and maybe a few P2K Gondola kits will be built, but I dunno yet.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Hope to paint a SW1200 flat black, and do some work on my layout... but we will see what panns out..
Catt said:
More work on the 2TRAK modules.I have some changes for the track plan before it's to late.
John I thought you were going to leave it alone... Thought you would play with it a bit more....hehehehehe
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
......have fun mate....steve

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I'm a day late so I'll tell you what I did with my Saturday and hope to get done with the rest of the weekend.
This morning I got up bright and early at 6:30 so I could be at the trucking school by 8. I spent my first four hours in the truck today learning the shifting and other things associated with getting your Class 3 licence. For those that don't know a class 3 allows me to drive a gravel, cement, or any other type of large truck without a trailer. later I'll be upgrading to class 1 which will allow me to drive just about anything on the road. (shifting is alot different that a car, I finally learned what it means to double shift!)
the rest of the day I spent resting at home allowing my brain to relax (I took a nap)
Sunday I hope to finish (finally) the club's trainmaster. I just have to paint the handrails and weather the engine. I also want to finish installing the windows in my enginehouse. The windows are in I just have to add the frames and paint them. I'm still waiting foe my miniature lathe and drill press so I can add interior parts the wire the lights.
I have thought of doing a little scenery work on my scapyard, since I finished the fabricating plant beside it and now know where everything will sit. No shortage of projects on this pike!