Its FRIDAY 1-13-06, Weekend Modeling Plans!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well Guyz & Galz it is Friday and the Weekend. What do you all have in store this weekend?

Well my weekend was going to be dedicated to modeling but, I got some sad news yesterday,:( a life member of the volunteer fire company I run with passed away Thursday morning. We have a memorial service and viewings all weekend. So that's what I will be doing this weekend.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I hope to get some work more valve gear parts made for the Rivarossi 0-4-0 I am rebuilding. Hopefully the parts for my milling machine will come this week end as well as the other order of suplies I am waiting for. I have some trees to plant and will probably make some more.

Brian

Dec 19, 2005
New Waverly,TX.
Well, first off I have a few "Honey Do's" to take care of.:D Then I hope to have a clear weekend to begin working on my layout.I need to finnish building my repair house......then I can finally decide on final placement for the repair house...and engine house.........then finnish laying out the tracks for the remainder of the layout.

Up to this point all of the track placement has been preliminary.....trying to decide the best placement for these two buildings (since they are so important)......so I'm anxious to get started on laying the cork and track.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hah, finished laying the track on my addition (well almost, just have one or to sections I have to pull back up to add insulators that I overlooked). hamrhamrI started wiring yesterday and hope I can start testing the track in a day or so.bounce7

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend we have the bi-weekly grocery expedition. My son has indoor soccer on Saturday and my daughter has cheerleader tumbling class on Sunday. We are expecting cheerleading to call a practice for Sunday at the last minute. At some point over the weekend we will be taking my father-in-law out to dinner to celebrate his return home from the hospital and rehab center. It is hard to believe he went into the hospital 4 weeks ago.

If the modeling gods smile on me I may get more pink foam glued down and also figure out why one piece did not adhere. I have a bunch of hoppers both kits and ready to roll on the work bench that need organizing. This way I can figure out who needs what and begin either assembling them or weathering them.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
With the weather forcast of heavy rains (now 25 days of rain strait-couple of more days of rain and the record will be broken) and high winds will be planning a trip to the hobby shop to pick up some acc and see what is now. Will be spending some time on the layout, have 4 more switches to build in the logging camp, and put down some track along the back of the layout. If time permits will be going through the scrap box to dig up some details to kit bash a few town buildings...Ron..

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
I have heard about that steady rain up in the Northwest. Tell what, we human are distroying this world faster than one can imagine.

I am going to finish my custom painting on my SW1200, caboose, and 2 box cars. When completed I will apply my HPRL decals. The fleet will then be 2 locomotives, 6 passenger cars, 2 box cars and a caboose. I have to install a decode in the SW1200 manufactured by Life Like. I don't want to take that thing apart again. I may start my Bingo's Pool Hall (changing the name to The Hokie Pokie Billards Parlor
biggrin.gif
. If I can get all this done - I will be very happy with myself. I think the Hokie Pokie Mayor and the City Council (all me) will be happy, too hamr

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I hope to add the push rods for my two turnouts that I can't reach easily. I also want to continue with the enginehouse project, finishing off the roof trusses and starting on the roof.
My club bought a president's choice train set for the CNR hudson locomotive so I'm breaking it in on my layout and add the the details and kadee coupler.

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Well so far this weekend I'm on a roll today I got a loco painted and decaled in Catt's GVR colors for some pooled freelanced power. Also I need to get rest of the track down that I tore up last weekend wall1. Have a great weekend everbody :wave:

Attachments

• 100_0715.JPG
    100_0715.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_0713.JPG
    100_0713.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 20

astrowolf67

Nov 12, 2005
W. KY
I'm hoping to get my track plan transferred to my foam base. I've got everything I need to start laying road bed, and track, except the inclines. Once I get the plan transferred, I can start planning locations for my buildings. I also plan to start building my roundhouse as that will be critical to the track plan, making sure every thing will fit as I currently have it drawn up. By the way, what's the best way to mark on foam? Will a sharpie work without eating away at the foam?

David

Wimpy

Dec 27, 2005
Matthew
Sorry to hear about the death of you friend. I am going to a train show in Fallriver, MA Sunday or as they say around here, "Fallreeve".

Wimpy

Wiscasset & Carrabassett Ry.
The biggest, littlest railroad, down east

C

Catt

Working 9 hours today (Saturday) but hope to get a few more cars weathered today and tomorrow.Other than that it's just planning what I want to get done in the layout(s) party. :D

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I hope to finish a one-meter-test-track board (H0/H0n3) tomorrow. I'll add a cable with little banana plugs and a reversing switch, plus coupler height gauges.

Ron

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
was planning to finish widening some of my benchwork a couple of feet to accommodate more of the village I'm puttin' in but instead helped my cousin shrink a tent trailer down to a more appropriate size to haul behind his 4 wheeler. Lots of cutting, grinding, welding, sparks, FUN !!