Its FRIDAY 04-11-08, Weekend Modeling Plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The weekend is upon us everyone. What is everyones modeling plans for this weekend? Today in some parts of the US it will be raining. Like here in PA we are supposed to get shower and thunderstorms. I will probably do a little more work on my M-32 Doodlebug to get that project finished that I started last year.:twisted:

Well Let's Hear It Everyone. What Do You All Have Planned?

:wave:~Have A Great Weekend Everyone~:wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
This weekend we have softball and baseball games. My wife and I are attending Cub Scout Baloo Training on Saturday. Baloo is Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation. We need this so we can take our pack camping. We are hoping that the rain doesn’t come or is done by the time we start.

If I get to the trains I am hoping to figure out what I am working on next. I also could enter the passenger equipment and locos into the computer inventory.

N

nachoman

I am in Maryland visiting a beautiful young woman. I am hoping my modeling accomplishments are limited to this brief appearance on the gauge while I wait for her to wake up. :D But I get home saturday night... maybe I can paint some LPBs on sunday while I relax and decompress.

Kevin

RobertInOntario

I've actually got a couple things planned, if I can find the time and am not too tired!

I'm trying to build a tunnel out of styrofoam to cover two sets of tracks. I've got it started and I need to carve out the portals and make the whole thing more hill-like by using scenic cloth. Then I need to paint it and glue on some brick patterns at the portal ends.

I also hope to add a few rail-side fences. This should add some further detail and help to define the track/rail-bed area from the surrounding countryside.

I might have some time tonight or tomorrow night to work on these. Emphasis on the word "might"! If I get too rushed, I often take short-cuts and the job doesn't look as good as it should.

Rob

CNWman

CNW Fan
No modeling planed:cry:. I have to go on a scout campout at a place that's a good distance below road level and the forcast is: Rain+winds, more rain, and yet more rain or even SNOW:eek: Ughwall1, why does my scout troop leader think the weathermen are wrong and green light the plan, it's already rained a good inch or so:curse:

Jim Krause

I'm going to do some preparation work for the opening of our club layout at a local museum, the museum opens on Memorial Day. I'll have to check to see what the cold did to the trackwork over the winter. I will probably work on scenery on my home project too, an On30 module

RobertInOntario

New Fence

I actually had some time last night and was able to build a railside fence for one section of my layout. After working 2-3 hours of painting, cutting, drilling and gluing, I was able to put up a fence that I'm pretty much pleased with. :mrgreen:

I bought the upright "posts" from an LHS (George's Trains) and used Starbucks stir sticks for the horizontal pieces of wood. (As you can see, I probably visit Starbucks too much :eek:).

You can also see my track weathering efforts in these pics.

So here are a few pics -- feedback and criticism welcome!

Rob
IMG_0001_6.jpg

MG_0007_5.jpg

IMG_0002_6.jpg

steamhead

Well....I'm hoping to do some major ballasting in one of my yards and get that finished up so I can put in my buildings and do final landscaping. I've re-worked the "mountains" behind it THREE times to get them to look like I wanted them to (mostly)....So I want to get this area done and move on to other projects. I'll post pics once I'm "done"....

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
i plan tofinish weathering and detailing my C&O F7 and GP-9's.i also plan to rough in the last little bit of scenry on my logging layout.i really hope i can get that demanding list finished :mrgreen:.good luck to the rest of ya's.--josh

i looked into a walthers cement plant for n scale and found they no longer made them and to buy one is crazy for the price so i started building one. ill have to get pics, other than that tinker around with the layout.

riverotter

Midwest Alliance Rail Sys
My wife works Saturdays 9 - 4, so that's a workday for me, too -- so we can have time together when she's not working. Nevertheless, I made a new year's resolution to spend at least 15 minutes working on the layout every day, and so far I've been able to keep it (except when I'm out of town :rolleyes:). I've decided to replace all of my mainline code 83 Atlas flextrack with Kato Unitrack because it has proven to be more reliable vis-a-vis power conduction (that ought to get some people riled up!) so I've stopped working on the trackwork, but I have about a dozen structure kits to build and several freight cars on the RIP track I can attend to. Sunday is supposed to be c-o-l-d [for April] (is this the product of that global warming thing? :cry:) so all the outdoor chores I had planned are going to be deferred. Maybe I'll get some "extra" train time!

Herc Driver

Between putting down wood flooring in two bedreoms, I hope to paint the new narrow shelf layout foam board, glue on the mainline roadbed and lay the mainline track.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Ok Everyone this thread is closed for the weekend. At midnight EST the weekend model accomplishments thread will be up. Sure sounds like everyone was going to have a busy weekend.

So This Thread Is :closed:

Status
Not open for further replies.