It's been a while...

doctorwayne

since I've had any new pictures to post, so please excuse my over-enthusiasm. With my usual apologies to TomPM, who provided the inspiration with his great run-bys, I present "the 71 car train".
These are pictures from the camera that I got last April, but have been unable to view until now. Try to not fall asleep as the train passes.:rolleyes: :D

The locomotives are modified Athearn SW-7's, and are based on the SW1200RS. All have been remotored with Mashima can motors.
2007-01-10_2411.jpg

2007-01-10_2421.jpg

2007-01-10_2431.jpg

EG&E flatcar - Walthers
CPR reefer - Train Miniature
CPR reefer - Tyco
2007-01-10_244.jpg

CNR boxcars (2), CPR boxcar - Front Range
2007-01-10_245.jpg

CB&Q boxcar - Front Range
SP boxcar - Athearn
CB&Q boxcar - Proto2000
2007-01-10_246.jpg

M-K-T boxcar - McKean
Reading boxcar - Front Range
CNR boxcar - Athearn
2007-01-10_247.jpg

ONR boxcar - Athearn
NYC boxcar - Front Range
CPR boxcar - Athearn
CPR boxcar - Front Range
2007-01-10_248.jpg

Wabash boxcar - Athearn
GTW boxcar - Proto2000
EG&E boxcar - Lionel
2007-01-10_249.jpg

GTW, CNR (2) boxcars - Athearn
2007-01-10_250.jpg

EG&E boxcars (3) - Athearn
2007-01-10_251.jpg

2007-01-10_252.jpg

Southern boxcar - Athearn
Erie boxcar - Proto2000
DL&W boxcar -AHM
2007-01-10_253.jpg

2007-01-10_254.jpg

EG&E boxcars (2) - Athearn
TH&B boxcar - Accurail
2007-01-10_255.jpg

TH&B boxcar - Accurail
EG&E bulkhead gondola and boxcar - Athearn
2007-01-10_256.jpg

EG&E boxcar - Athearn
EG&E boxcars (2) - Lionel
2007-01-10_257.jpg

EG&E covered hoppers (2) - MDC, (2) - Bowser
2007-01-10_258.jpg

EG&E covered hoppers (2) - Bowser, (2) - Concor
2007-01-10_259.jpg

EG&E covered hoppers (2) - Bowser, EG&E boxcar - Athearn
2007-01-10_260.jpg

EG&E gondolas (2) - Concor
2007-01-10_261.jpg

EG&E bulkhead gondola, EG&E boxcars (2) - Athearn
2007-01-10_262.jpg

EG&E boxcar - Athearn
CNR boxcar - McKean
EG&E boxcar - Athearn
2007-01-10_263.jpg

EG&E boxcar - Athearn
CNR boxcar - Roco
CNR boxcar - Athearn
2007-01-10_264.jpg

CNR boxcar - Athearn
CNR drop-bottom gondola - Red Caboose
CNR hopper - Stewart
2007-01-10_265.jpg

CNR hopper - Stewart
CNJ boxcar - AHM
B&O boxcar - McKean
2007-01-10_266.jpg

Grand Valley caboose - Athearn
2007-01-10_267.jpg

If you made it this far, thanks for taking the time to view this post.

Wayne

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
FALL ASLEEP, ARE YOU KIDING, THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!

I loved the ALL THE AWSOME , FANTASTIC, AMAZING, and OUTSTOUNDING Weathering you have done and I love the loads in the gons.

Thanks for sharing Wayne, I really enjoyed it :D :D :D :D :D :D

C

Catt

But ,but ,but, but, but ,GRANDE VALLEY RAILWAY locos are either blue and yellow or burgandy and gray,not green and white.

Oh your GRAND VALLEY RAILWAY. Nice pics Wayne,even if you did spell GRANDE wrong :D :D :D .

doctorwayne

Josh, Catt, thanks for taking the time to view my lengthy post. I think that I've inadvertently eliminated all of the folks on dial-up from seeing it. :eek:ops:
Catt, my Grand Valley is technically the Grand Valley Central, from the days in the 1920's when it was controlled by the New York Central, but all of the locals know it by its former name. Other than some locos and cabooses, the only equipment actually owned by the road is a few boxcars, a handful of stockcars, and about three dozen hoppers, most of which bear GVC reporting marks.
Catt, care to comment? (Two more to go. ;) ) Just tryin' to help. :D :D

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Supurb Roll By!!!

:eek: all i can say is...WOW!!!:eek: i am a dial-upper, so it took a while for this page to load but, IT WAS DEFIANTLY WORTH IT!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I have NEVER, seen so many works of art on one page as i have here!;):D Wayne, i bow to YOUR weathering skills, TRULY OUTSTANDING WORK!:D i must admit, i feel a little green though:eek:ops:, i have been into this hobby on and off for about 34yrs:D, but i cant recall seeing a gon with bulkheads on them before:eek:ops:, i thought those were real neat;). the EG&E cars were my favorites!:thumb:

ONE BEEF THOUGH WAYNE...
As i was sitting here enjoying EVERY pic that came up, since you are from Canada i fully expected to see cars from your own road, Canadian and eastern roads too;). Suddenly, i seen an SP box:eek:, now i am thinking "Hmm, out of 71 cars, SURELY there has to be a UP BOX!;)", after all i just seen an SP:thumb:. but as the pics were nearing the end, sweat was starting to roll down my head...hey, where is the UP?:eek:...out of 71 cars...NO UP?:eek: Wayne, i STRONGLY FEEL there SHOULD have been at least ONE UP in the consist!tooth1 I STRONGLY FEEL this matter of GREAT IMPORTANCEtooth1 should be rectified in future large consists such as this;)tooth1. (announce1 OK, JUST RELAX FOLKS:D, i was TOTALLY having fun with Wayne:D)

FANTASTIC ROLL BY WAYNE!:thumb: I TOTALLY ENJOYED IT!!!:D THANKS!:D -Deano

cnw1961

WOW, that’s what I call a consisit. :) I am a fan of those old switchers and your SWs are really nice. I like this paint scheme. The weathering of your cars is outstanding. This wasn’t boring at all. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I really thought of asking you why we hadn’t seen any new pics of your layout for quite a while :D .

Biased turkey

I thought the TH&B boxcars were yellow ? I purchesed a Life-Like TH&B 40 ' boxcar and caboose, they both are black and yellow. Should I sue Life-Like ?

steamhead

Wow...!!! 71 cars...!!! Now that's a train. Great job...Hope the little SW's didn't get too tuckered out...!!! Let's have s'more...!!

doctorwayne

Thanks for all of the kind remarks, guys, I'm glad that the length of the post didn't deter you from viewing.:thumb:
BT, the TH&B's yellow and black boxcars first appeared in 1954, and the ones with the black and white herald date from 1960. There were some boxcar red ones around into the early '60's, but all were eventually repainted. Even one of the ex-NYC USRA doublesheathed boxcars, like the one pictured below, was repainted into the yellow and black scheme.
2007-01-10_2931.jpg

Wayne

cn nutbar

hi doc---glad to see you back on line---looks like your new camera is getting a good work-out---excellent pictures of very impressive rolling stock and motive power---if you need some helper service,the cn is always ready to oblige---keep those pictures coming,nutbar

ejen34

Aaah Wayne, everytime you start a thread you raise the bar...especially like the rolling stock shots :thumb: Thank You!!

cn nutbar

hi everyone---great thread---here's one of those ex NYC USRA double sheathed bc's in the yellow and black paint scheme---it's a walther's product right out of the box

black3002.jpg

doctorwayne

Whoa!! That one better come for a visit and a little weathering.;)
Actually, that Walthers car is from the same Train Miniature dies as my boxcar red version, pictured a couple of posts previously. :D Mine has been "doctored" a bit.

Wayne

CCT70

BORED?!

NO WAY! That rocked! :wave:

I LOVE those switch engines. What is the year (era) of your layout? 1960? I decided on 1962 on my layout, as I want to run Alco S-1's and S-4's and SW-7's. THESE are my inspiration for EMD switchers. Thanks for posting these, I look forward to more!

Tom
(Photo whore)

doctorwayne

Usually my layout is set in the 1930's, and there are lots of pictures of it around the Gauge. My original plan was for three eras, '30's, '50's, and '70's, but I've sold off almost all of the '70's stuff, and some of the things from the fifties. The diesels on the train were introduced in 1958, I think, so I guess this sequence happened then.;) That also allows me to run RS-11's:
other_locos_0061.jpg

an S-4:
2007-01-10_060.jpg

an FPA-4:
2007-01-10_4641.jpg

an NW-2:
2007-01-10_4712.jpg

an RS-3:
other_locos_0141.jpg

a GP7:
other_locos_0051.jpg

and a GP9: