Its Back Up!!!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Thank-you!!!!!!
A big congrats and slap on the back goes to Sketch and any one else in involved in the speedy recovery of the best forum on the web!
I can put the valiumn away now!

jkristia

is it.. is it... is it UP!!!!!!!! YIPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cobra

So glad to see you guys are back in business . It was a pleasure having many of you over on RRL for a while . Lets hope there are no more problems .
Teejay ( Terry ) Cobra ( Neil )

The good news is that we've saved years of combined knowledge that everyone's posted here. The bad news, we lost a bit more than a week's worth of posting. All the credit goes to Sketch, and the fine folks at Jelsoft (the company that makes vBulletin).

jon-monon

Peter T Davis said:
The good news is that we've saved years of combined knowledge that everyone's posted here. The bad news, we lost a bit more than a week's worth of posting. All the credit goes to Sketch, and the fine folks at Jelsoft (the company that makes vBulletin).

It's a shame to loose any posts, but keeping it in perspective, it's fantastic to have back what we have! Look at the-gauges total downtime and data loss as a percentage, and I'm sure it's quite small. Thanks again!

fifer

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!

Man , I missed all you guys and gals!!!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :D :D :D :D :D :D :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Like seeing an old friend

A great big THANK YOU Sketch and the team at Jelsoft.
We Gaugers had every convidence you would bring back our favourite forum.
You've just made a lot of happy campers now that things are back to normal.
Will you be doing "backups" daily now :) .

Now I'll have a chance to correct the spelling mistakes in my posts that dissapeared into cyberspace :D .

Ahem, was it an attempt to make "narrow gauge" the primary forum and "logging" the sub-forum that caused the problem? Oh, it wasn't?, good, set to it fellas :D :D :D .

Errol

Will_annand

Well, we are back up. So? What went wrong?
Next step will be to get the nice "White on Blue" again.

Good work to whoever got it up and running.

belg

Glad we're back but I notice a few things that are different like the classic view chat Icons are not on the start up page will they come back? That address business is way to much to type give me back my little box please,thanks Pat.

jon-monon

Many of the features we had were the result of a heck of a lot of hard work by Sketch; a lot of tweaking. It's gunna be a while before it's perfect.

Fifer you said it best. Man, I missed everyone too! That just proves the-gauge is people, not software, features or the order of forums or number of stickies. We'll get it nice again, and I'm ever so thankful for all the effort, but damn, it's good to be back in any form.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
My BIG thanks to Peter and Sketch for the hard work and for the degree of saving they managed to do. During the down time I checked out some of the other forums and found I just couldn't get into it. During this same time, I lost interest in my layout and projects but maybe that The Gauge is up and running again I will get back into it.

shaygetz

A pot o' boilt crawfish and a case o' Barq's red creme soda to Sketch...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Will_annand

Peter and Sketch were the men in charge of rebuilding!!

:thumb: Thanks guys, for a job well done. :thumb:

Now, who ever it was that screwed it up in the first place, take the keys away from them so this does not happen again. :D

Sketch

It's back. I'm exhausted. I will get everything as close to the way it was tomorrow and Friday. Please bear with me as the last three days have been hell.

Thanks again for your patience.

Aaron

TrainClown

I've been lost in cyberspace and, no sir, I didn't like it! :confused:

I missed you guys. I may not always have something to say but I'm always lurking nearby.

Never knew how much I missed the chat room until I couldn't access it. Yeah, yeah, I know. It's just a matter of time.

It's a strain on my brain.
I'm in constant freakin' pain.
My thoughts go down the drain.
Please, when can I chat again?

Hurry up or I shall taunt you with poetry once again! ;)

TrainClown