It's about time ...

Tim K

Dec 30, 2005
Stoney Creek On. Canada
Thanks guy's for the kind words ,I enjoyed the bench work part I am just disapointed in how the pictures turned out .

To give you an idea of the size the longest part of the bench measure almost twentysix feet although it seems much shorter in the pics.

I am going to start adding the elevation changes next to get away from that flat look.

Tim K

Attachments

• IMGP1806.JPG
    IMGP1806.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 165

Tim K

Dec 30, 2005
Stoney Creek On. Canada
Thanks GEC

I tried to make the pictures the suggested 640/480 and it wouldn't accept them so after a number of tries I ended up with 200/140:curse: .
Way to small to enjoy.

I will try to lower the pixel count and take a couple more later .
I have given up for tonight .

Thanks
Tim K

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice neat looking benchwork and finished-off too. When I first posted pictures here, they were way TOO LARGE and many people wouldn't even bother to look at them, especially if they were on dial-up. I store my photos in Photobucket, where I finally learned that it's very easy to resize them to suit the end use, and it's also free.

Wayne

Tim K

Dec 30, 2005
Stoney Creek On. Canada
Thank you everyone for your encouragement , I was a little nervious posting pictures of my first attempt at MRR. :)

I actually have a good program for editing pictures but for some reasonI had to make them a lot smaller than the suggested size.

Tim K

GeorgeHO

May 3, 2005
Baltimore, MD
I had problems resizing photos. Local Computer shop wanted $600 for an Adobe package that resized and saved in JPEG, not PDF. Was given my daughters old computer that should have the software I need, but haven't set it up yet. The info from the others is really beneficial and I'll try them out also. Just a warning, If you are going to elevate, you'll probably pull up the tracks you have laid down, so make them as removable as possible. I am at a similar stage to you and I bought tacks (small thin nails about 1.75 inches long with little ridges). When I want to change the track, I just pull up the tacks, lay new track (sectional, no roadbed at this time), and have an operating session on it. I painted the pink top with household latex paint the same color as the local dirt (coffee, double cream for me). You may also want to put a very light coat of joint compound over the foam (get the kind that remains more flexible when dry). For my next module I am going to mix the paint with the compound (it says water based) prior to putting it down, so it won't matter if it chips. Good luck, it looks like you're going great.

Arizona Heat

Jan 26, 2006
Kingman Arizona/Dolan Springs Arizona
Tim K said:
Thank you everyone for your encouragement , I was a little nervious posting pictures of my first attempt at MRR. :)

I actually have a good program for editing pictures but for some reasonI had to make them a lot smaller than the suggested size.

Tim K
tim I have 2 free programs that i use: www.bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm and www.photobucket.com they are both good but I use photobucket because it automatically resizes your photos to forums, emails,etc.