Its about time I got to know you guys ;P

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by SEBRET, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

SEBRET Member

I have loved building models and just about everything else since i was about 5, and i have picked up so many different hobbies since then. I started Card Modeling in 2004 after I finished playing Homeworld 2. It was the only way for avid fans like me to enjoy the ships from the game. at the time i didn't much think of this art form as a form, lol. as i began to discover more sites that published the Homeworld models, i began to find other models from such things as Star Trek and other sci-fi works. At the same time, my Extreme interest in Origami, which I had been developing since the age of 7 or 8, was also growing. This helped my interest in card models grow because i already had lots of paper on hand. In 2007 I was invited to the 4Chan /po/ forum (Paper craft and Origami). In the year that followed, I have flooded my hard drive with well over 100 GB of templates and designs, I have discovered meta and pepakura, Have purchased 3 very nice GPM models, and have built who knows how many smaller simple models.

I found the Zealot forums and Warcenter at the same time and have been avidly watching both. I have been part of these forums for about a month now and have made post in quite a few threads already, but that that i feel like im settling into the community, I feel like it's time for a formal "Hello All".

Sorry for the not so short post but i wanted to express how grateful i was to be a part of these forums and to express my amazement for whats being done here and all over the card modeling community.

PS. I'm currently going to school for engineering and what better way to practice my engineering thought process than by designing card models! Eventually I would like to start producing Original Models of my own, but as of right now life is pretty busy. I can't imagine what it's like for the parents that build on these forumssign1
  2. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Hey, nice to see you :) Have a great time at zealot, which you're obviously already having...

Good luck on designing, and by the way, I read the entrie post :)

For the sake of a warm welcome: WELCOME TO THE FORUMS SEBRET!

SEBRET Member

Thank you very Much Soaring! I look forward to adding my models to the one that are already here, just have to find the time to work on the all. lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.