Its a MIRACLE ! ~ I can SEE...!!!

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Gearz, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

Howdy cousins

I managed to get firefox to run smoothly on my box (mostly) So while all of my little lights are still blinking and flashing, I thought I'd use the opportunity to test it out and drop in to say hi. Looks like lots of new and interesting stuff here to checkout.. * Better make myself a coffee and empty the ashtray.

Stuff I'm finally getting the chance to build ~ HERE

Stuff I shouldn't be working on ~ Test build of a Rheinland Valkyrie heavy fighter from the PC game Freelancer. Had some fun experimenting with Gloss Photo paper, and added reflections of in game screen shots to the 'Windows' There's a bunch of interchangeable weapons that I'm working on ~ possibly utilising embedded magnets to swap the load outs ( polarity may be problematic ~ still nutting it out)

Its putting the cart before the horse, but I've shelled out for a permanent home. For those interested in any of my models, its here ~ Sci Fi & PC Game paper card models Hopefully I'll polish off all the bits and pieces I have buried and get them all posted (eventually) There's not much new there at present. ~ WIP

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Very nice there! Gonna go check out your new place :)
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy Gearz! It's great to see you back and boy, do you know how to make an entrance!!!:cool:

You really have been busy! That fighter looks fantastic!:thumb:
    I love your textures! Can't wait to see more! I'm off to Photobucket!

4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Nice site! Easy to navigate and fast. I like it! Welcome back!!

Elliott :mrgreen:
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Great link and really cool model!!
  6. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thank you gentlemen..

Yes indeed ~ Freelancer has some beautiful textures.. It makes you wonder how much great design work is buried (unnoticed) in some games. Once you start peeling back the layers, Freelancer has enough Dev worthy material to choke a Dinosaur.

7. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

Looks great. Can't wait for the Pandora.
  8. Gearz

Gearz Member

Howdy sr5nm KevinG did a great job test building the Pandora for me .. I just have fix a texture screw-up, crunch a basic assemble guide and she's good 2 go. ~ ETA .. soooonn.... well.. ASAP
  9. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Welcome back old buddy

Hey Gearz, :wave:

I've been wondering about you - like, about where ya bin I mean. I've been working with Skip on some of the ships from the Battlestar Galactica ship pack, and it got me thinking of the Galactica build, and wondering why we hadn't heard much from you lately.

Glad to see you're still at it.

See ya mate!

10. Gearz

Gearz Member

Howdy mate..:wave: I'm still running like a hairy goat most of time, but its good to be a solid citizen again. Yes indeed, the Gal was a Most Excellent Project...

WHAT ? you've got some models dev'ed ? I'm still trying to drive this new stuff ..where are they?
  11. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

You can find them in this thread
    Me and a couple others are working together to unfold a bunch of meshes from a game add-on - The Battlestar Galactica Ship Pack. Come on over and drool a bit. It's lucky we got to em before you or you'd have wanted to jump in yourself :mrgreen:

I also got my Airtractor model and assembly guide finished finally.

Chris was also going to copy them to the downloads section. There will be more coming soon.

12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I still plan on it. Been busy as heck at work :(