it wont start fast enogh!!!!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ty007cars, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

i recently got a pull start for my tmaxx and when i got it it started right up. now it takes a couple mins to start?? please help!!
  2. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

try pulling the throttle while starting it. Also, plug the exhaust hole and pull the rope a few times. Then try starting it normaly. Is your glow plug good? Check that, it might be bad. Also is your glow starter charged? Try those things and see if they help.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

Pull the pressure line off the pipe and blow a small amount of air into it ,this well force fuel it the cylinder or prime ,replace hose to pipe then try starting.
  4. rustler

rustler Member

clean it take it off again and take the bolt of and clean the inside of it
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Rustler you've lost me , what are you trying to say?
  6. rustler

rustler Member

you see the same thing was happining to me so i took my pull start completely off. then i took the bolt that holds on the pull start and cleaned the inside of it out because there was a ton of crap in it then i put it back on and it worked fine, but hey i dont know what i'm talking about lol
  7. redheat

redheat Member

I gottcha yea thats a possible solution to the problem I just wasn't thinking myself.
  8. rustler

rustler Member

ok good because i thought i was going to make a fool out of myself
  9. redheat

redheat Member

You got it together man.
  10. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

i got a new glo plug and it still takes a while to satrt
  11. rustler

rustler Member

hey now atleast you have an extra glow plug....lol
  12. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

when you mean it takes a few mins to start does the pull start slip, if so spray some wd-40 on it. Take the glow p[lug out and see if it lights up when you put it on the heater, if it doesent it needed a new glow plug. Your engine might need to be tuned, I was just thinking about somethong. If the engine take a few mins to start but it does start I dont think ti can be the glow plug then, because if it stats then it must mean the glow plug is heating. How old is the fuel, where do you store it?
  14. redheat

redheat Member

Do like I said prime the carb. Take the pressure line off the pipe blow air into it, heat plug pull starter. Make sure that you do not have a blocked fuel filter or carb.
  15. My pullstarter is horrible at starting my .15 so I just bought a starter box on ebay and it cranks my engine over great!
  16. redheat

redheat Member

How many pulls before it'll start?
  17. I'd say more than 50
  18. Usually took about 3-5 minutes worth of pulls to get that#@$% thing started and my pullstarter was slipping the first 10-15 or so pulls.
  19. I just cleaned my one-way bearing in some nitro and it works great, no more slipping. I also got a new glow plug and my engine is working 100% better.
  20. redheat

redheat Member

A little cleaning well go a long way. Those bearing do take some punishment. Did you relube it before putting it back in your truck?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.