ISS Paper Model: QUEST docked tonight

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Fortezza, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Fortezza

Fortezza New Member

Dear Friends,

after a while (about three years) I restarted to built pieces for the ISS paper Model. This time I prepared QUEST that you can find at:

Even though is still draft and only in english the quality of the model is quite good and also the 13 page manual is detailed enough to complete it in few days.

As usual there are pieces very small requiring a lot of patience, like for istance the toolboxes.

I'm currently working on PIRS and Robotic Arms to be released in the near future.

By the way I read about the problems someone of you found with Shuttle Models and I'll try to solve them.

Just a question to the moderator: Is it possible to have also a Space Model dedicated forum instead of sharing the forum with Science Fiction folk??

Enjoy and let me have your comments.

Raimondo Fortezza
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Excellent idea Raimondo and welcome to the forum!:grin:
    A Science Non-Fiction Space area would be an excellent addition!
    How about this for a title, "The Final Frontier"?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the wonderful models you have provided for everyone to enjoy!
    They are some of the most beautiful and detailed shuttles available!
    Thank you again and welcome!

3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I will split the threads once I am able to again

I still need to add some more categories to the Parts Bin too

4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's great Rick, thank you!:grin:

5. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Welcome to the forums Raimondo! And thanks for all your hard work in this area, your stuff is fabulous. You are very correct about the amount of patience required for this detail stuff. I'm about 1-2 days aways from finishing the Endeavour/Unity model and I'll be needing a break! But it's been a great model to build.

Is there any chance that you guys accept Paypal for donations?

6. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

Welcome to the group, I for one am thrilled you have joined up here. Your model of the ISS and shuttle and webpage have in a large part been the inspiration for
    my own webpage at

your models are on display for the enjoyment of all of the visitors at the center.

I am looking forward to continuing my build of the ISS.

Jon Leslie
  7. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Mr. Fortezza,

Good to see you again and back with new additions in probably the best designed space-in-paper-project ever!
    BTW the link to the manual is not working....
    Still, MANY thanks!!
  8. Greelt

Greelt New Member

Mr. Fortezza

Thank you for continueing the GREATEST paper model i have ever seen.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.:)

9. hpept

hpept Member

Caro Prof. Fortezza,
    mi permetto d'ora in poi di darle del tu e chiamarla Raimondo.
    Ti do il benvenuto da parte mia e di tutti gli utenti che hanno avuto il piacere di costruire i tuoi modelli. Grazie da parte di tutti per averci offerto modelli di eccezionale qualità e dal rapporto qualità- prezzo imbattibile. Ci tenevo a dirti che grazie al tuo modello dell'Endeavour, ho vinto un concorso di plasti-modellismo ?!? a Pisa (quando ancora abitavo in Italia).
    Di nuovo grazie e benvenuto.

For non italian speaking people:
    Dear Prof. Fortezza,
    i'll dare from now on to confidentially call you Raimondo.
    Welcome to the forum from me and all the users who had the pleasure to build your models. Thank you for offering us exceptional high quality model with an unbeatable quality/price ratio. I wanted you to know that thanks to your Endeavour model i won a plastic models contest ?!? in Pisa (when i still lived in Italy).
    Thank you and welcome again.
  10. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Welcome, Professor Fortezza!

I'm extremely happy to see you've joined this forum; I have admired your amazing work with the ISS ever since I started with paper modeling.

I was checking out your latest addition, but for some reason I am having trouble downloading the manual for Quest...I get a "cannot find" error message. Not sure if it's me or the link. I didn't have any difficulty downloading the model files, however.

Thanks again, and I look forward to your future posts in this forum.

Update 15 Nov 2006: The very next morning, I had no problems whatsoever downloading the manual...thanks again!!
  11. Darwin

Darwin Member

Welcome to the group. I have long admired your work, and will shortly add your latest to my collection. Your models are terrific! Thank you a thousand times over for sharing them.
  12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Welcome Back Mr. Fortezza

Did you get the StS-115 Launch Day Cache from Florida last month?

Hope you did

John John
  13. clarklfarris

clarklfarris Member

The link appears to be broken. Even after trying to navigate the site I cannot find the models mentioned. Any help would be appreciated.

14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Caro Raimondo.
    Thank you for the effort you put in each model. As you know, I've built 4 modules and have the others in the workbench, to build the whole ISS.
    Congratulations in this great effort.
    Grazie signiore!
  15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

For all having problems downloading, the links are OK.
    Right-click on the miniatures to download.
  16. Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Clark:

Using this link
    There should be no difficulty getting to the models.
    Let us know if you still experience difficulties.

By the way, that link goes right to the space station modeling would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't brouse around a bit and check out all the other links (and models!) using the menu on the upper left column of the page!

Can't say enough how much I enjoy the MARS Center web pages; loaded with wonderful information.

17. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Welcome to the forums Dr. Fortezza!!!

Thanks a bunch for this update!!! I have to continue "growing" my ISS model now that Quest (and later, Pirs and the SSRMS) is finally online!!!

And yup, I have to agree, your ISS model is one of the GREATEST there is!!!

Thanks again!!!

P.S. Since you've now continued the model, do you plan to design the parts all the way to the current configuration?

We'll be happy to do the test builds to save you time and funds!!! :-D
  18. clarklfarris

clarklfarris Member

Appreciate the help. However I still get the same message "page cannot be displayed". Also cannot go beyond the website itself without seeing the same message. I am guessing it is a browser problem. Regardless, thanks again.
  19. Jim Krauzlis

I'm so sorry, Clark.:cry:

You know, I had a similar problem with some sites and, despite my tweeking the security settings for those webpages, they still will not be displayed. I got the usual "cannot connect" message on IE7...and today, for the first time in months the two I had trouble with, Delta 7 and DPileggi's Picks, opened without any trouble! Go figure!:???:

Hope someone out there way smarter than I can help you with the MARS Center pages, they are worth the effort!

20. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

hey guys!!! Here's the recent pic of the Space Station... :-D

oohhh... I'm starting to drool!!! :-D

Imagine this in Dr. Raimondo's 1/100 scale model!!! OMG!!!