Israeli A4N beta build from

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Alright Ted!

Congratulation on hitting the Big Time with this model!

ummmmmmmmmm where is the line for autographs!:grin:
  2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Wowsers, it seems even a palooka like me can fool someone some of the time. Most of you guys are better builders than I, except you Carl!
    You are way way better'n me! Anyways what I'm stumbling around trying to say is all of us cardmodels can take a pat on the back, makin' an entry into the other mediums web site! Thanks John, Moshe and Emil for lettin' me know, kinda adds a little sparkle to a PIA day at work!
  3. airbob

airbob Member

A great, wonderful build!....I love the colorful variation between the "scooter" and the "tiger".....rated as three rolling happy faces!!!
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  4. sakrison

sakrison Member

Let me throw in my two cents worth here: I've built several of Emil's models and I've always been very impressed by the fit and finish of them. The H-53 helicopters are always eyecatchers when I display them and the fit of the parts was near perfect. The Westland Whirlwind was one of the easiest kits I've built and one of the best looking. I have several more of Emil's offerings that are high on my list of "gotta-build" kits.

My Whirlwind and my Medivac helicopter are currently in the Paper Models exhibit ( at the EAA AirVenture Museum ( in Oshkosh, WI. I promise to get some pics next time I'm over there.

Emil, thank you for a great line of kits! The first scale model I ever built, at age 6, was a Revell A4 Skyhawk. I can't wait to build your A4N. Wow!

P.S.: Those of you who know old plastic kits can probably figure out how long ago I was 6. For the rest of you, it was the year the Dodgers broke the heart of Brooklyn. Work it out.:-D
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

1952 i think
  6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The Dr.'s Whirlwind is on my do again list, a very elegant aircraft.
  7. sakrison

sakrison Member

What's fun about exhibiting Dr. Z's Whirlwind at EAA museum events is how many people can identify it (not many). One of the people who came by and recognized it right off was a former Whirlwind pilot. I had fun talking to him.
  8. Emil_Zarkov

Emil_Zarkov Member

Hi SaKrison and all,
    You wrote at 05-23-07:
    My Whirlwind and my Medivac helicopter are currently in the Paper Models exhibit ( at the EAA AirVenture Museum ( in Oshkosh, WI. I promise to get some pics next time I'm over there.

I'm writing from Randolph, WI.
    Is the Paper Models Exhibit is still active?
    If so, it'll be pleasure for me to go to Oshkosh and see it.
    Breetings to all,
    Emil Zarkov
  9. sakrison

sakrison Member

You're just a few miles from my home in Ripon, WI. The exhibit is still there. Let me know when you plan to go. We could meet there.
  10. Emil_Zarkov

Emil_Zarkov Member

Hi David,

It will be so great if we can meet! Do you have any phone number where I can reach you? Please send it to
    So far our plan is to try to go to the museum on Monday, and I will be really glad if you join us.
    Let me know.

11. tzachil

tzachil New Member

for some reason the pictures from page 8 and on are missing
    does anyone have them, I am building it now and I can use them.
  12. exzealot

exzealot Member

I have the same problem. I was going through cdrted's awesome build, and all of a sudden (at the beginning of the wing build), I could not see any more pictures. It's like the projector bulb burning out right in the middle of the best part of the movie. But based on what I've seen so far, I can only assume the rest of the build is great (of course attributing much to the skill of the builder). This is a "must have" kit.

Cdrted, if you have a picture of the completed build, it would be great to have it posted.

13. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

When you purchased the kit, you also received a link for the assembly process pictures. Use them as a backup to forum review.