Isn't she cute?

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by causticphlegm, Jul 16, 2007.

1. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Well, thought I'd try something other than scifi stuff. I don't know why but I had more fun and more satisfaction building her than I have any other model. Go figure.

She even stands on her own...a monumental achievement for me. sign1

2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I had a friend of mine question why I wanted to build paper dolls. When I showed him what was involved he "got it". I think these figures are quite incredible. I want to make one for my wife. It will be a surprise for her and I know I shall reap many benefits. Great build by the way.
  3. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

I might as well ask this question in my own thread:

Regarding MizuiroGakuen...since I'm so late to the card modeling scene, I missed all the stuff he's made. I've only seen a couple of pics of his models but they are quite incredible. Were they free or pay-to-download, or what? Is there an archive where I could get them? (Legit, of course)

It's a darn shame that he felt he needed to close his site. :cry:

@zathros...actually, this one was for the wife. She asked me when I was gonna make her something instead of the kid...the nephews...the nieces. :)
  4. Sweet! I have this one saved myself but not yet built. I know what you mean about the high satisfaction level gained from building these anime figures. They are, for some reason "funner". I started out building card model tanks and armored cars, but when I built my first anime just to try something different, I was hooked. It was too bad about Mizu's site closing down. His models were free, but since most of his subjects were of "real" anime characters I guess he stepped on some corporate toes. I have some anime files saved. Some are Mizu's as well as other designers. Search the forum for Haruhi and Noname (I hope the threads are in the new forum). If either of those appeal to you I can PM you the files.