Is this site closeing down :(

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by allhallowseve, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

I can't read what it says but the words Goodbye !! Not a good sign :(
  2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Looks like it. That sucks. It's amazing how people can get run out of the modeling hobby by jerks!:curse:wall1
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

lets ask him - he is a member here....
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

It seems that someone posted his model on Rapidshare.
  5. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

And another site bites the dust. Shame, good designs were to be had from UHU.

There is always someone out there willing to spoil the fun.
  6. Nosports

Nosports Member

Its a shame....

An i don't get the point in grabbing and hosting a free model ????

If the goon does this for personal grief, i think a small post and a link to the original-site is also sufficient.....

I hope the the designer get out of that hole....
  7. angevine

angevine Member

Why must there always be people out there who just think of themselves and destroy other peoples tallent. I loved these models and looked forward to new creations as and when.

I missed out on the C3PO model but it does not mean that I would look for a pirate copy.. Some people make me sick!

UHU we will miss you!
  8. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

This suck !! He's was working on a model of the Black Perl from Potc !!

it look Freak awsome !! Well so much for that :(

Maybe he should charge for them ?? i be willing to pay for a copy of the Black Perl !!!!

Hopeful he read this that there are people who resepect his work and know it will be missed !!!
  9. Ziga

Ziga Member

I hope he won't quit just because some idiot posted his model on rapidshare without asking his permission. UHU, please, don't let stupid people kill your spirit!
  10. jparenti

jparenti Member

Oh no! Your EVA pod is so wonderful, and filled such an important void in science fiction models. I was hoping for more of your wonderful work. Don't let the idiots get you down. There are always thieves, but the people here are very appreciative of your work. You have such talent and we hate to see it disappear.
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Agreed! This is a true loss. Uhu's models were real works of art. for someone to do this is just wrong. I still don't understand some people's motivation. It seems that some people feel the neccesity to destroy the efforts of others.

I had a miscommunication with Uhu, but it was all about protecting his work. I really looked forward to his models.

Perhaps we should start a letter to Uhu and have everyone here who's interested sign it. Maybe we can invite him to come back here and show our support of his work?
  12. angevine

angevine Member

Is there any way we could host his models on the forum with his concent, and the only way to obtain them is with a code?... if the model then appears on pirateshare oops sorry rapidshare then we know where the file came from.. or even a specific code, hard coded into the file for each request so that if the file appears online then we all know who released it.
    Just a thought!
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I sent him a PM - hopefully he reconsiders shutting down. Hope to hear from ya soon UHU02!
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Great! I hope he comes back. Hate to see things like this.
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I agree with his decisions wholeheartedly. There are NUMEROUS sites around hosting files when they should be pointing to the original site. Another card forum we know of has actually had a member who has a site hosting links and shared files of pirate scans and models created by people who have limited release.

It's happens often and we seem to be saddled for and against it.
  16. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

That sucks, I'm not much into that genre, but the C3PO model looked very nice indeed.

17. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Interesting to see everyone blaming the "pirates from other sites" for this decision, as uhu had already pretty much left this forum due to his wishes being disrespected more than once by our own members.

Some people decided it was more important to download a model they may never build and after the designer pulled the downloads, on the dates he said he would, people would openly request in the forums for someone to send a copy.

Goodbye Uhu, I can't say I blame you either. I hope you start charging for your models, then you may get the respect you so rightly deserve.
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I've heard from Uhu and he seems a very decent fellow. I can't say that I blame him either and Jaffro has a point. I respect anyones decision to do as they wish with their art and hope that Uhu sees fit to come back full force, but wouldn't blame him if he didn't. We all have to seek our own path and make our own decisions in life.
  19. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I'd buy his models, if he put them up for sale. I also think that, if people bought the models, instead of a free download, more of the models would get made. If anyone buys a model, they more than likely will build it. Otherwise it would be a waste of money.

I am guilty of asking for one of UHU's model after they have been taking down, I hold my hands up to that.

But do any other member's think that setting a 'cut off' date was maybe the wrong way to post free models. I think this could have made them a target for the person/persons that rapidshared the models. I'm not saying it was the wrong way to promote the models, after all they were his design's, so it was up to him.

UHU2, good luck, for the future.
  20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Maria Robot Model from "Metropolis"

I´d like to take the opportunity to thank you for the wonderful "Maria" robot figure card model, from the silent German movie classic "Metropolis", which was I believe hosted at your web site.
    It is a pity that the other interesting figure and space models are now unobtainable.

All the best from Stockholm,
    Bengt :thumb:

admin edit - The designer removed the download because that is how he wanted to do it. Please do not offer his models in this manner when its against the designers wishes. IF the designer UHU02 says its fine to share in this manner then thats fine. I have not yet seen this permission.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.