Is this forum dead?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by hoppercarmaker, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been into other things for a while,where did everyone go?
  2. bezelbub

bezelbub New Member

no, but it does have a NASTY cough.
  3. Lets try CPRsign1
  4. S class

S class Member

I can't post anything here because 1) I model in N and 2) I have no freaking cash to continue my build and my layout is 2 hours that way *points to east*

but I still come for inspiration and to give feedback to the few people left on this forum so hopefully we can get a bit of a revive going
  5. Sawdust

Sawdust Member

We have been here where have you guy's been?
  6. For a while I felt like I was in a big empty roomsign1
    Now how about a little Q&A?
    How much space is between your layout decks?
  7. Sawdust

Sawdust Member

I recently dismantled my layout for a much larger in planning to move. I never had a multi level but the ones I have seen depend mostly on your vertical space. The upper levels are normally at eye level & the lower one depends on what your modeling. I would save the mountainous areas for the top & take the scenery to the ceiling while keeping the towns or corporations on the lower level. I have been just building & packing the future layout for the last year or so. Hope this helps.
  8. I have a ten by ten room with a two 24 inch shelves all the way around and a (no-lix) around the walls.I foolishly put 28 inches between my decks. A single athearn genesis f3 will pull 24 Walthers ore cars up it but it takes forever. I am thinking about droping the upper 10 inches. That will help some other small problems as well.
  9. davelant

davelant Member

I'm not a railroader myself, but I know a lot of modelers of all stripes left here over the summer rather than put up with a now-departed head moderator. I think they may have gone to, I don't quite remeber, maybe some place called "Big Blue?" It would be good if they got the word that things have improved.
  10. I have been gone so long I did not know of any problems.
  11. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Mikey, Don and the old Gauge mods still pop in from time to time to keep an eye on all the threads and archives here. :)
  12. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

So do some of the "just plain" members, I guess 'cause we're "just plain" nosey ?! I think there was dissatisfaction with some of the "New Rules" and the commercial slant on what we thought of as "Our" a lot of us left. No hard feelings, and many still drop in to see how things are going,(pretty slow mostly - need some input !!!). Bob C. :cool:
  13. Sawdust

Sawdust Member

There were some pretty weird rules & a lot of dissatisfaction. I don't come on here much myself but drop in just to keep up with a few members & share our projects. I have since joined a fantastic other forum that I visit daily. My problem is the lack of participation, a lot of viewers with very little or no comments. My other forum someone always responds within a few hours with help, comments, encouragement for beginners etc. Very good bunch of people.
  14. S class

S class Member

hey sawdust what's your new forum, not for me to abandon this place but it is nice to have more than 1 to goto (I also visit 2 guyz and RRline forums) to see how others do it
  15. Sawdust

Sawdust Member

By all means don't abandon this one. I still enjoy the fine folks on here as well. We all can learn from each other no matter what the skill level is.
  16. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

And...if you can figure out the "Search" feature...T-O-N-S of great info, How-Tos and inspiration in the old and archived posts, too ! Bob C.
  17. ZeldaTheSwordsman

ZeldaTheSwordsman Thomas Modeler

The day after someone posts a topic asking "Is this forum dead?" it's become a hot topic.
  18. The CPR workedsign1
  19. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

You got that right.:wave: We stop by here, sometimes on a daily basis, just to be sure things don't get out of hand again. We don't contribute much anymore since we do have other interests, but just like with the card modelers, there's lots of invaluable train stuff here, much of which cannot be redone if lost and needs to be protected. A while back just about everything here was threaten. Things have changed and seemed to have settled down though, and for that we are grateful.:thumb:
  20. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

Yes, it pretty much is. It's come down to the level of being the personal forum for two modelers, for the most part.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.