Is this Excessive?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by OylPslyk, Aug 27, 2006.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Cleaning up files and stuff I began to realize just how obsessed with this I am...

there is even a dvd with another 2.5g of models, this is just accumulation since burning that one... when I find a model I have to keep it...

this is just papermodel files and instructions from other people, My own junk and references for creations- as well as 3d meshes for pepakura and meta arent even included here...

So in conclusion, 6gigs of models and I still dont even scratch the surface of the models that I really want-lol

anyone else out there as much of a crazy packrat as me?
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I guess this comes as part of the hobby.
    Big advantage of digital models is that they do not take physical space and are very easy to stash away from prying eyes of the family :grin:

I have 200+ unbuilt printed models, several digital from from Nobi, Kancho, DeWayne, SPI Shop and of course my own.
    Add to that 100+ models on wish list.......:roll:
  3. Kaz

Kaz Member

650 Mb give or take, I only print out one model at a time, simply because if I need to reprint a page, sorry WHEN I need to reprint a page I can be assured the colours will match!
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

5. Texman

Texman Guest

Uhh, that's not to bad. I checked mine, and it pops in at 9.67 gb. Not
    counting reference materials.

(Thank the Lord for external HDD!)

6. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

i know the feeling i have 10 disc full with all kinds of stuff - some i forgot i had
  7. ramatoto

ramatoto Member

Holy Moses, i´ve actually counted 4 DVD´s and about 150 original models in my "to do" box. And this number doesn´t include my own created models!

To all creators: stopp creating new models!!!

I´m now 39 years old, and depending to my speed per model that will be enough for the next 50 years!!

Best wishes and good glueing to all!!

8. OylPslyk

Ohhh Crap, now I KNOW I'm developing an addiction

I just had this thought run through my head

"Hmm, I probably have enought to keep me "franticly" busy till im in the grave!, --hmm, I wonder if there's a coffin model out there?
  9. Big is beautiful, and more is better........:-D :twisted: :-D :twisted:
  10. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I WANT MORE, MORE, MORE !!!! :grin:

I think I might need professional help hehehehehehe
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I am sitting aroung 4gb. I recently ran a program to delete duplicates - had about 1.5 gb worth of duplicates and didnt know it! :D I did verify they were actual duplicates ;)
  12. hpept

hpept Member

I only have 2.23Gb of papermodels.... is it to be worried about? :grin:
  13. Anyone above 2gig should get help...:yep:
  14. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

10 gigabytes! I need help! I actually " quit" downloading 5 gigabytes ago, but they still keep showing up. Am I complaining? Hell NO.

As someone told me, if you want to slow down your downloading or purchasing of cardmodels, try designing them!
  15. OylPslyk

heehee, thats precisely what morphed me from a casual hobbyist into the mad-modeler I've become!
  16. marian

marian New Member

17. Darwin

Darwin Member

Anyone with less than 10 gig is just a beginner. Mine now comes in at 30 gig, but that includes reference material. It doesn't include 3D content. By the time I get done scanning the recent stuff from Lighthouse and going through a 10-year collection of magazine cover disks, I think I am going to need to upgrade my external CD to 160 gig.....gee, who's that guy with the big butterfly net....and he's coming in my direction.....HEL
  18. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

They're coming to take me away Ha Ha !
  19. silverw

silverw Member

At least one..... and the hearse to go with it!! :)
    Go here.....
  20. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hmmm...never thought about it, but just checked and I'm at 3.4 gigabytes, just for models.