is this brand ne good

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by pimp, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimp

pimp Active Member

2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

theres a reason for the low price....SMARTECH SUX!!! i hate to tell u, because ya they are not only cheap in price but cheap in value. There just a real knock-off company, trying to re-create Traxxas' stuff. Most of all their parts break on any kind of little impact, they're engines r no good, have no power. the list goes on. if i were u, id save my money, and get a better one.
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

if you wana know anything about smartech just ask alisar.thats what he has and he is pretty #@$% at that thing
  4. pimp

pimp Active Member

yeah but the prices they are asking i could buy another motor and then it would be a good rc wouldent it compare it to another company in value like it is like traxxas hpi duratrax megatec trinity just what is it closest 2 or is it the worst u can get
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

no it wouldnt be good with another engine. every single part is suposidly crap. and it is hard to find replacment parts. it is not worth the money. after you fix everything you will have spent as much if not more then a traxxas or hpi
  6. pimp

pimp Active Member

have either 1 of u driven a smartec rc
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

nope but alisar has told enough horror stories about his
  8. bandit1

bandit1 Member

dude, pimp, if ur just gonna argue with us on wether or not smartech is good or not, just get one and see. u asked if they where good, we said no, can u take it and leave it??? no need to question over an opinion.

i personally argree with monsterrc, alisar has had a smartech, hated it and will prolly never get it again. so its ur chance taken. all i gotta say
  9. pimp

pimp Active Member

what ever then nither 1 of u has bought or driven 1 of these cars i am not argueing i am saying that if u have not even had seen or driven 1 and alisar ovesly dosent know what he is saying b/c he prefered a rush over a savage 25 snd that is his oppinion on a samrtec and i spacificly said in my artical from some 1 that has driven 1 and why they r good or not so i am not argueing u just cant read or comperhend what i said.SOME 1 THAT HAS DRIVEN A SMARTEC RC ARE THEY AY GOOD AND WHY OR WHY NOT
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

I have driven one, but just for a few minutes, it broke and had to work on it. It was a friends, he got it and barely used it, it either broke or wouldn't start at all. They are trash, every single part. I would advise not to buy one, spend a little more on a good RTR and you will enjoy it a lot more and you'll keep your hair.
  11. alisar70

alisar70 Member

dude i got smartech and it broke in 2 weeks and it will break in 2 to 3 weeks if u get 1 aswell

BUT SmARTECH DO do some good on road cars there buggys and monster trucks suck
    there on road cars are good cause loades of people are saying that
    im going to get a on road car of smartech cause there reliable
    DO NOT BUY MONSTER TRUCK OR BUGGY WITH SMARTECH THEY DO BRAKE EASILY
  12. alisar70

alisar70 Member

just cause i like the rush more than the savage thats dont mean i dont know what im saying
    i got 1 of theses smartech cars there absalutly CRAP!
    it broke in about 5jumps (my buggy)
    if u want my advice just get a onroad car there cheap with smartech and there much more reliable then the buggys and stuff the monster truck does live longer but only about 5 weeks longer than the buggy
    the on road car lives about 1 or 2 years im not to sure
    heres a site for cheap nitro cars from smartech got some videos aswell
    http://www.exportpro.biz/product_car/car_0002.htm#07
  13. alisar70

alisar70 Member

and the site i gave u has some other make that is very new to rc cars and there much better then smartech its called (i forgot) just go on that site and look at some of there cars there new so they put the prices low

*onroad smartech cars are good*
    *off-road smartech cars are crap* *just a warning*
  14. pimp

pimp Active Member

ok well it looks like i will try a on road if i dont like it i will take the radio gear and motor mount and motor and sell it and get my money back it is just unbeliveable how cheap the cars are 150 that is cheap but i still really do not get where u r getting at by saying that the parts break easily i have driven about 10 rc cars and been in the rc joint for a year and a half and not 1 time have i seen a rc that dosent break at 40 mph and hitting something every 1 will break like that the only 1 that hasent broken and crashed is my axis i have ben 50 in it and hit something head on and it dident break and they r cheap cars in price but not quality so i thought that if u need a radio system servos u can get this 1 and have more money like tower hobbies brand radio for just the receiver and controll is 100 bux and this whole car is 150 so it is a good deal i think and all nitro rc cars are going 2 break if u get crazy with it and all made out of the same thing PLASTIC
  15. alisar70

alisar70 Member

hey if i use a nitro on road car on road and just race it on road and go about 50 it wont break unless i crash it

?[?]YES OR NO[?]?
  16. pimp

pimp Active Member

yes gears can still break and i heard a pull start can 2 and a motor can also blow
  17. alisar70

alisar70 Member

how does the motor blow this car is a 1 speed to no gears
  18. pimp

pimp Active Member

if u drive it way 2 hard the motor can blow and there is gears on every rc car atleast a clutch bell it is a gear and the clutch bell connects 2 something i hope or u r not going any where
  19. Rippa14

Rippa14 Member

i have a smartec car and its a peice of #@$% . The nitro gas is stupid. It takes certain gas. You cant replace the broken parts because smartec nvr returns your mail-E-Mails. And I broke it in 4 places before the engine was even broke in!

THEY SUCK!

Stay away!
  20. pimp

pimp Active Member

wow that is kind of funny broken up before broken in what type is it a car truck or buggy an on road is the best b/c no jumping or nothing so they r the least often 2 break
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.