Is this a possability??

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Jamison1, Sep 21, 2004.

1. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:( I have always called an adjustable wrench a Monkey wrench and a Cresent an edible bread, I guess I got to apologize to every monkey I have met and quit eating Cresents!! :cry: :rolleyes: Jim
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I used to call certain people monkeys, but it wasn't fair to the monkeys.
  3. Jamison1

Jamison1 New Member

I keep seeing people refer to pink and blue, but there is also yellow. What is that then?
    I think its basically the same thing but maybe not?
  4. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

The two-part urethane foam I use for hills & contours is yellowish. Not a "screaming yellow or a schoolbus yellow. More muted.

Some of the old urea formaldehyde foam was yellow.

5. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I never seen yellow, but I'm sure its OK. Expanded Polystyrene Sheets(what we are talking about) would be white unless a coloring pigment is put in it. I have only seen light blue and pink, but yellow or green or magenta is possible with the correct coloring agent. Different color = different brand.
  6. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

No offense intended guys. :)

I don't like that white beaded stuff.

7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Dash - I thought we were talking about styrofoam?
  8. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I thunk we were talking about building model railroads. Silly me :oops: :oops: :oops:
  9. Railery

Railery Member

:thumb: White, blue, pink, yellow..... Styrofoam. They all do the same thing. :D But the grade is different and the cost. I'm using 2" white, blue and pink for the hot tub plus sprayed insulation. For my mountain back drops I used 2" blue. For ground scenery usually use 4" white with some 2" blue or pink. After its all painted you can't tell what type of styrofoam was used. ;)
  10. Caulk is another option for gluing cork and track. I suggest the cheapest acrylic latex you can find, not the silicone type. A very thin layer is all that is needed I use a putty knife to spread it out, you don't want the stuff bulging up between the ties. I then use track nails to hold the track until it dries. Works for me.