Is this a possability??

Jamison1

Sep 7, 2004
NW Iowa
I keep seeing people refer to pink and blue, but there is also yellow. What is that then?
I think its basically the same thing but maybe not?

Jamison1 said:
I keep seeing people refer to pink and blue, but there is also yellow. What is that then?
I think its basically the same thing but maybe not?
The two-part urethane foam I use for hills & contours is yellowish. Not a "screaming yellow or a schoolbus yellow. More muted.

Some of the old urea formaldehyde foam was yellow.

Wayne

F

Fred_M

I never seen yellow, but I'm sure its OK. Expanded Polystyrene Sheets(what we are talking about) would be white unless a coloring pigment is put in it. I have only seen light blue and pink, but yellow or green or magenta is possible with the correct coloring agent. Different color = different brand.

F

Fred_M

I thunk we were talking about building model railroads. Silly me :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

:thumb: White, blue, pink, yellow..... Styrofoam. They all do the same thing. :D But the grade is different and the cost. I'm using 2" white, blue and pink for the hot tub plus sprayed insulation. For my mountain back drops I used 2" blue. For ground scenery usually use 4" white with some 2" blue or pink. After its all painted you can't tell what type of styrofoam was used. ;)

basementdweller

Jul 17, 2004
SW Ohio
Caulk is another option for gluing cork and track. I suggest the cheapest acrylic latex you can find, not the silicone type. A very thin layer is all that is needed I use a putty knife to spread it out, you don't want the stuff bulging up between the ties. I then use track nails to hold the track until it dries. Works for me.