Is thias acceptable?

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
:curse: What do you think of a fellow with a large ebay store who lists items and only when he makes several sales will he then order the item from a wholesaler?

I have and am dealing with a such guy at this time.

He wont refund and cant specify a devivery date. Says the post office and UPS is stck in the snow in up aroung Cleaveland. My cousin lives their they get thier mail every day.

To me,I have used ebay a long time and it seems to get worse.

Hence forth I will ask for a specific date before bidding.

I have always paid at the close of auction with Pay Pal and generaly use the buy it now feature so it isnt a question of him not getting paid or paid in a timely manner.:curse:

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
If you paid through PayPal, file a dispute through them against the guy. He'll either need to come up with your item or provide a refund. If you didn't use Paypal file a claim with eBay.

I see this happening more and more on eBay. The large stores keep selling items they are out of stock on and then can't figure out why they keep getting negative feedbacks. Not a good way to do business in my opinion.

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
before i make any bids on ebay, i read the comments and the users ratings..i have dealt with these type of dealers, but hey, thats what i wanted to purchase, and this person knew how to get the item i wanted. Sure he may have paid a lot less than i did, but I also, after postage, did not pay full price for the items as well.. Did what i write make sense?
People need to do the research on the dealers on the items they are buying. They also need to know the approximate price of what a fair price should be.. If you are paying way below fair market value for an IPOD, laptop, GPS system, etc,,, you are more than likely buying stolen merchandise that needs to be moved..
Caveat emptor - buyer beware
Some guys are better entrepreneurs than others- i don't think this particular situation is entirely the dealers fault... things do happen with shippers, third parties, etc...

Sorry if thats not the answer you were looking for...

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
EBay and its captive, PayPal, are the biggest part of the problem. They do not properly police their sellers or buyers, unless it impacts EBay/PayPal's bottom line. In my opinion, no one should be allowed to list items for sale on EBay unless the lister has title to the item, and it is in his or his employees possession.

johnnyb1216

Jan 7, 2007
not that much

i'm in akron- abuot 30 miles south of cleveland and there wasn't that much snow at no time did the mail stop because of the storm

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Torpedo said:
EBay and its captive, PayPal, are the biggest part of the problem. They do not properly police their sellers or buyers, unless it impacts EBay/PayPal's bottom line. In my opinion, no one should be allowed to list items for sale on EBay unless the lister has title to the item, and it is in his or his employees possession.

Yeah,I agree with that.Unless the auction specifically notes that they are not in stock and won't be shipped until enough orders are filled I think it constitutes fraud in my book and shouldn't be allowed to begin with.

Chris

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Ebay is full of wannabe middlemen. With the big push by the "how to make it big on Ebay" CD's, there are a lot of incompetent or downright sleazy people trying to make a buck.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Jim Krause said:
Ebay is full of wannabe middlemen. With the big push by the "how to make it big on Ebay" CD's, there are a lot of incompetent or downright sleazy people trying to make a buck.
My vote is for the incompetent ones. :D

I saw an auction earlier tonoght for a MINT CONDITION Lionel boxcar.
The thing had a broken parts, a heat faded spot in the plastic, and rusty trucks.
The worst part is that somebody will bid on it anyway and pitch a fit when they get a beat up old boxcar. Then the seller will have to start calling them names, they both leave negatives, and this boxcar that could be saved will get tossed in the trash by a pi**** off buyer. :rolleyes:

But really, I love eBay most of the time.
I've gotten some really great rolling stock lately. :)

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
The nut sent me 22 emails and finaly as if to make me feel guilty made a refund and said he would ship all items free. He would return my payment if I tried to pay him and went on to say he would alert the police if I ever came to Elyria.

I cancelled my ebay account and made a new one. Will switch pay pal info later on.

This guys seems like a stalker.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Gil Finn said:
The nut sent me 22 emails and finaly as if to make me feel guily made a refund and said he would dhip all items free. He would return my payment if I tried to pay him and went on to say he would alert the police if I ever came to Elyria.
Takes all kinds......
crazy.gif

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Gil Finn said:
:curse: What do you think of a fellow with a large ebay store who lists items and only when he makes several sales will he then order the item from a wholesaler?
I personally think this guy is a fraud. He is selling stuff he doesn't have and I would not feel comfortable dealing with someone like that.
Gil Finn said:
I have and am dealing with a such guy at this time.

He wont refund and cant specify a devivery date. Says the post office is snow in up aroung Cleaveland. My cousin lives their they get thier mail every day.
Oh man, that sounds like a fraud in progress.:curse:

That's just my two cents worth.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
NOt only that but by his feed back 2 items ordered after mine were delivered and feed back left.

Like I said I got a refund after all the emails and threats.

I will say his Biggest line are darts (???) and he flea markets from Elyria Ohio.

Whatch out for a dealer with those attributes on ebay. He is an AAA (hint) nut.

It was a $71 order, a lot for me on a VA disibility, which he derided :rolleyes: and I am glad I used pay pal this time so I got it back and can spend it with an honest man without 10 differnt none scensical excuses.

Southern4449

Aug 3, 2006
My wife is a power seller on EBAY and she sells stuff that she has on hand... She would drop ship stuff when it sold but had the problem when it was not in stock at the wholesaler, I have NEVER had a problem buying something off of EBAY...