Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gang,
Just want to know if setting up a DCC forum would be a viable proposition, therefore I am setting up a POLL for you to choose.
Shamus

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I voted yes as it would get all DCC questions in one area.
But I'm concerned that those of us that don't use DCC will not frequent this forum and will miss the opportunity to provide an answer to someones question. Or learn something from the discussion.
In other words, Will to many sub forums divide the group? (not a complaint, just concerned)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Ray Marinaccio said:
I voted yes as it would get all DCC questions in one area.
But I'm concerned that those of us that don't use DCC will not frequent this forum and will miss the opportunity to provide an answer to someones question. Or learn something from the discussion.
In other words, Will to many sub forums divide the group? (not a complaint, just concerned)

Will not be a SUB forum but a proper forum next to the Operations forum

Shamus

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
It would seem to me that it would be handy to have a dedicated forum for dcc that could be referenced by anyone with questions. It would seem much easier to find solutions at a dedicated forum than having to scroll through the technical Q & A forum looking for dcc specific threads. It would be even better if those starting a thread in such a forum would be very specific in their titles, whether a question or posting as a resource, so that someone reading the title of the thread would at least have an idea of the subject that started the thread.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
When I was moving to DCC I had a lot of questions which were answered on other forums so know the folks here would like to take advantage of those of us that have DCC to answer questions and provide ideas etc.

CN1

May 6, 2003
I don't know....... :confused: :( :eek:

If I need to ask something (including DCC) I'll ask in the Technical Q&A. :)

What else is this section good for, if not technical stuff like DCC??? :confused:

Are we trying to Model The-Gauge after other forums? :mad: :eek:ops: :eek: :(

Too much choice can be confusing sometimes. Keep it Simple, like my uncle would say.. :)

Thank you for your support :thumb:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Looks like it will go ahead, Once I post a new forum for DCC, any posts found in Technical or any other forums will be moved to the DCC forum.

Shamus

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Yikes, Z scale DCC!? Makes me feel old to remember when you needed a permanently coupled dummy unit to have DCC in HO scale. I wonder if live steam is in the works?

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
shamus said:
Looks like it will go ahead, Once I post a new forum for DCC, any posts found in Technical or any other forums will be moved to the DCC forum.
Why - just because 22 (at last count) said yes? You could get that many votes for almost anything! I agree with CN1.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
billk said:
Why - just because 22 (at last count) said yes? You could get that many votes for almost anything! I agree with CN1.

I have to agree with the Majority which is so far 23 yes to 4 no
POLL still open for a few more days.
shamus

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
What's...

...DCC?

Yeah- make a forum for so I don't hafta thru whatever it is they're too concerned (Crap- fried another board!!!) about!

Make forums for every little concern that's a big concern for those concerned.

Mark :cool:
Too cool to care.

shaygetz said:
Yikes, Z scale DCC!? Makes me feel old to remember when you needed a permanently coupled dummy unit to have DCC in HO scale. I wonder if live steam is in the works?

It's really amazing how DCC miniaturization has progressed. But live zteam?

A while back i did stumble across a website that related how someone (in the UK, i believe) many years back actually created a working live steam locomotive in 1:400 scale. A master machinist! If i can ever find it again will post it here.

rsn48

Feb 27, 2003
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
I suggest you change the name of the forum to "DCC and Electronic issues". The computer - aside from DCC - is coming more into play and having an area where you can talk about all thing electronics and not just DCC will in the long run prove fruitful I believe. Or maybe "All things electronic & DCC"

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I second that, Rick. We'd still have the Tech forum for the many other mechanical, electrical, structural questions and ideas that amuse us under the benchwork as well as on top.