is there ment to be no smoke

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alisar70, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisar70

alisar70 Member

I got my nitro rc car but i realised that it dosent even throw out blue smoke is this a problam
  2. Batman

Batman Member

Richen your carburator you are running way to lean if you don't change it you will blow the motor. If that is the problem it isnt good so richen it and watch it. If after about two tanks of gas and there isnt any go to your local hobby shop. it will tell you how to change the carburator in your manual.
  3. alisar70

alisar70 Member

How do i richen it I have no clue please help
  4. alisar70

alisar70 Member

how do i ricken my carb i have no clue please help

Thanks

Ali sar
  5. thegoonman

thegoonman New Member

Just a suggestion. Before you start asking hundreds of questions, READ YOUR MANUAL, AND OVER AND OVER. Then maybe get a few mazagnes or research nitro cars on the internet to get an idea of how they work and how to use them properly.
  6. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Fot your information i did read the manual all it shows you is how to put it all together . OH and by the way There isnt any rc car magazines in england So Its hard for me, And the shps that sell it dont send worldwide
  7. thegoonman

thegoonman New Member

Well then read the magazines on the Internet, which u do have since you are on this website.
  8. Browen

Browen New Member

he is on this homepage to get help, why not just answer his question? i dont answer cus i have no ***** idea...
  9. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Thanks for the help lol So anyone got any help
  10. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK CAN I GET 1 THING STRAIN WHEN I RUN MY CAR IS THERE MENT TO BE LOADES OF SMOKE iTS ABOUT A WEEK OLD
  11. Steve M

Steve M Member

There are lots of R/C car magazines available in the UK and some originate there as well. I suggest you contact a local R/C car club and solicate help directly.

There should be some smoke visible ehwn you run a 2 stroke motor such as the one in your vehicle. If you are running yours and do not see any smoke then you have the carb set too lean. This means the motor is not getting enough nitro fuel and too much air. Your carb should at least have one needle valve that you can adjust. Turning this needle valve counter clockwise will richen (add fuel) to your motor while turning it clockwise will lean (less fuel) the motor. Too lean will cause over heating problems and you may end up causing damage.

2 stroke motors use a "total loss" oiling system so running too lean is not good. By total loss, I mean that the insides of your nitro motor are lubricated by the oil contained in the fuel. Each time your motor ingests, burns and expells the fuel it lubes the insides.

Go to www.nitrorc.com and read up on how to run your nitro vehicle there. They have a nice article on tuning your motor and also have a forum dedicated to running nitro vehicles.
  12. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Ok thanks for your reply What i mean by straining the engine is like damaging it cause i go to fast and stuff......... URm........ can u awnswer this Why does my car just wanna go when it switches on
  13. Steve M

Steve M Member

Nitro motors do not just switch on so you'll need to explain your situation better.
  14. imfast

imfast Member

i think he means when he starts the motor it want to go all by itself
  15. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yep thats what i mean
  16. Steve M

Steve M Member

OK.....I assume you use either a pull-start or use a starter box to get your nitro car running. The clutch will engage and cause the wheels to turn it if manages to rev high enough. If this is happening, then you have the throttle open too much. You should be able to start your car and have it idle without the wheels turning.

Remove your carb air cleaner and with the throttle trigger on your radio at idle look to see how open the carb actually is. There should only be a tiny opening visible. If you see more, then adjust accordingly and close it a bit.
  17. alisar70

alisar70 Member

How do u close it
  18. Steve M

Steve M Member

To set the carb up I would do the following;

1) Turn on your transmitter and leave the trigger (or throttle stick) at your normal neutral setting
    2) Turn on the receiver battery pack in the car
    3) Remove the foam or paper air cleaner that sits on top of your carb
    4) Looking down into the carb, adjust the linkage from the throttle servo to the carb so that the barrel inside the carb opening is a few milimeters from being completely closed.
    5) But the air cleaner back on the carb
    6) Use a new glow plug if you have one and try again.

I recommend you use fuel designed for R/C cars only. Something with 20% nitro is fine. When I ran nitro boats I used Byron 25% nitro fuel and always added one ounce of Sig AA castor oil to every gallon. I did this to ensure that my motors received enough oil to make them last.
  19. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK thanks but i use 16% is that ok
  20. Steve M

Steve M Member

Is that 16% nitro or 16% oil content?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.