Is there anyone from North Carolina here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belleg01

Aug 5, 2010
North Carolina

Im from the Raleigh area. Sorry to say with a young son i dont have alot of hobby time besides the late evening so kinda rules out anykind of active club membership.

curtyoung13

Mar 2, 2011
Clt nc

i m a native NYer who officially lives in kannapolis NC. unfortunately, i m back in NY, the land of even bigger taxes than NC, keeping an i on my favorite father, who has emphysema, from 60 years of smoking. every time i think about a trip 2 NC 2 c my favorite wife and daughter, they crank up the price of gas.
what would a club do? what topics discuss? n e that we cannot discuss here? only thing of which i can think is which local stores r useful, which r not so great.
curtyoung13
chittenango NY
kannapolis NC

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
As you can tell from my Avatar, I am about 4 hours away. Too bad there is not a direct highway from here to there, but then again, it depends on what side of Charlotte you are from, the East or west side. A trip there would be an all day affair and the price of gas is a bummer right now. But then, it would be a great idea for us Tarheels to do a get together on a once a month basis. Let see what happens, Enjoy and see you around the forums.

veyron catalyst

Mar 15, 2011
NC
Hey guy's im also a transplant to NC I live in the Salisbury area now. A club would be novel idea. Give each other a chance to offer up ideas on the hobby and such. I my self will need volunteer builders to test the ease of a mass build for a table top game im working on.... I need to see if the average 12 yr old can build these model miniatures I have designed for the game.

paper dave

Oct 23, 2007
I'm in Charlotte

Hi, I'm in Charlotte as well and would be interested. I see that the thread has been around for a while.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I'm a thinking I'd be real careful before I invited anyone I meet on a forum to my house, especially seeing some of the low number posts. Keeping if virtual for a while might be smart. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Not trying to be obnoxious, but if you establish a relationship with someone in this forum and you feel good enough to make friends, and I have made many, many friends, then do so, but Facebook this isn't. Start with P.M.'s, exchange phone numbers, and pray you haven't invited a nut into your life. I don't want to see addresses in the public part of the forum. Even seeing city names kind of make me nervous.

On that note, I am closing this thread. Use the above guideline to do what you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.