Is there a trick?

Discussion in 'Technical Difficulties' started by Printer, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Printer

Printer Member

I'm all for rearranging furniture to make the room work differently.
    This new forum will take some getting used to. And there will be plenty of bugs along the way.
    So here's a few questions:

This new forum is SO Bright! I use the AD Styler and nothing changes. Is there a trick to it?
    Perhaps the software isn't compatible with 'Chrome'?

What happened to the 'Mark Forum As Read'?
    Not for the entire site but individual forums.

There was a third question but I'll be darned if I can remember what.

Thanks all.
  2. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

I use Firefox personally and Internet Explorer. The forum does not appear any brighter than the standard white on any other pages I visit. If any other are having this problem, maybe they can join in? Thanks
  3. EnzoTen

EnzoTen New Member

Its working ok for me in Chrome, where are you having problems?

I havent found the mark individual forums as read option yet. I am no postie there is one.
  4. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

I like it white, I can see the keyboard at night now!
    Printer likes this.
  5. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

when I click the "mark forums read" tab a drop down pops up with this forum or all forums. haven't tried the AD styler yet.

but remember, your milage may vary.
  6. zathros

I have noticed than the A.D.styler button settings do not hold when you log out and back in. Is this a Browser cookie issue? I tried doing the settings with everything set to take all cookies, but the settings all went back to default when I signed back in. It really does change the way you see the pages. Changing it each time is a bit painful. :)
  7. Printer

Printer Member

Well Thanx All. :)
    I'll try just clicking tabs and things to find out what each and every one does.
    As for bright. It's white, yes. And to my eyes in the wee hours (yes, I'm a vampire) it can be a mite glaring. VisineĀ® is my friend :p. I turn the brightness way down on my monitor.

OK then, I'll go back to clicking willy nilly and see what happens. :cool:

So far this new look has promise. Thumbs Up
  8. Lighter

Lighter Member

I wish I could give you an answer as to why/how; my styler settings hold just fine when I log out for a while and then back in.
  9. zathros

I have my computer set up to basically wiipe everything out when I get off the net. I am sure that is why. Doesn't matter much to me. As long as it works, if you do find out exactly, I would gladly accept the insight. Thanks! :)
  10. Printer

Printer Member

I'm fiddling with ADStyler. I can see some changes, just not sure what a tertiary color is. o_O