Is the upgrade worth it?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Is an upgrade from a AE .15 engine to a Wasp .18 really worth it? Will I notice a big change?
  2. redheat

redheat Member

That upgrade would be noticable , keep in mind that you would be going from just around 1hp to 1.9hp, now I consider that a major gain in hp, dont forget that I've done this upgrade and I can tell you first hand that it works. This would only be good for bashing .18 is not legal for racing.
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

but thats still almost double the horse. why isnt it race legal?
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Depending were you race most tracks race .12 motors altho some well let you race the .15 now I'm only talking about ST racing class.
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

o ok.i htought you meant like all kinds of cars. i think someone was racing a t-maxx with on e at my track but i can see the peoblem in an st
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Yea to keep things fair they have different classes just like electric you no stock and mod. So why arent you outside running your trucks? I'm at work finishing up a couple of things . I usually dont get on the computer on weekends.
  7. rustler

rustler Member

well im not driving my because all three of them arnt running
    duratrax evader electric-need new motor
    traxxas nitro rustler- differential is broke
    hpi savage 25- reciever or remote is screwed up and have to send it back
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Since your traxxas isnt running why dont you see if the crystals well fit your savage? If not you could always put the rx box from the traxxas in the savage and use the transmitter from your traxxas.
  9. rustler

rustler Member

ooo nice thinking i just might do that in the mean time, but if it is the reciever dont you agree i should get a new one since the savage is brand new?
  10. redheat

redheat Member

The best thing that you can do if you have to spend some coin is get the Airtronics MX-3 system It's all FM for about 100. bux comes with everthing you'll need and electronics are very easy to upgrade. But as I said before the transmitter from your traxxas is a 3 channel system, match it with the rx from the traxxas and you'll be set. Also like I said before see if the crystals well work first before you start tearing into things.
  11. rustler

rustler Member

well first off i'm calling hpi and seeing what they have to say about it
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

man i would have been driving today but my bandit has 1 batt so i ran it for 15min taoday.and i ran it yesterday.i have no fuel right now and it has rained all day. im going to bring my bandit on vacation with me this week.i put the savy wheels on my bandit.it was kool looking but didnt move too well
  13. redheat

redheat Member

There's always next weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.