Is the Lionel Challenger pre programmed?

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Hello!

i lost my owners manual for my Lionel Challenger, and i want to know if it will be ready to run on DCC when i get it. It apperently has a dc detecting DCC decoder in it, so that it can run on both power types.

thanks
chris

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Have you looked it up at the Lionel web site?

They probably have an on-line manual (but I do not know for sure...).

Andrew

Gary Pfeil

I have their turbine and it came ready to go with address 3. I don't know what I did with my manual but it should be around somewhere. I would think they are about the same except for the sound effects of the prime movers. If you can't find a manual and have a specific question let me know and I'll try to locate the manual and get you an answer.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
How do i change the Adress on it? i just got my Prodigy express today in the mail, and while i got the train running, i'd like to make it's adress its unit number.

Gary Pfeil

For two digit addresses, just program cv1 to whatever value the address is. The last two digits of the road number, for instance. For four digit address, you will need to read the Prodigy manual, I use Digitrax and the process for four digit addresses varies according to which throttle you are using. None of them would apply to Prodigy.

ScottyB

If programming mode on the P Express is the same as the P Advance, just press PROG and select program on the main. Enter 3 for the decoder address you want to program and it walks you through the rest.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Its not. you have to read the manual, and thats not working. niether the instructions from lionel or the Prodgy Express are working. My locomotive isn't flipping out, so thats good.

I've figured out alot of it though. i can get the whistle and couple crash and all of that going. SOme of the sounds are alittle hard to hear but thats alright. You'd think they'd just ask for "long adress" and you enter it in, not all of this CV## here then CV### her but then change the other CV but to CV #