Is the GPM Me-262 kit good?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Alcides, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Alcides

Alcides Member

I want to buy my first preprinted kit. I love the ME 262.

In a lot of stores I'm just found the GPM kit:

Is the kit good? Any advice?

2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

3. Alcides

Alcides Member

That is the intention.

First., Thanks for answers my posts.

Second, Well I'm ordering from Argentina so I'm trying to order a couple of models at least. The charges for shipping are high.

Now, I'm ordering the ki-46 and the ME-262 at least.

by the way, Your Me-329 looks very tempting. Maybe the next buy.

Thanks again

4. milhistory

milhistory Member

I have built this kit and was pleased with it. Nice coloring and great fit. It is not very detailed, especially the interior, but it still makes a good-looking model. The only fault I remember was the lack of good diagram instructions. They were very sparse and it was difficult to figure out some of the parts.

5. 46rob

46rob Member

Re the Me 329: I bought the kit and it's a truly amazing piece of work--the engines alone were worth the price of the kit. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a real eye catching model.
  6. Alcides

Alcides Member

Ok, I'm just bought it.

I'm have to wait now.

Thanks all for the advice.

7. tino

tino Member

I build the version of the year 2001.
    Nice colors and good fit, but not perfect.
    The worst diagrams that I have seen, the nose formers are a litle to big and the formers from the cocpit to the tail are a litle small.
    But what can I say more. I love the Me 262 and the GPM model is a good model with out to much details.
    Also you will have to scrachtbuild the wheels because the kit only bring templates for them.
    For nose weight i used one big nut (for screw) and that was enough.
  8. sparrowhawk

sparrowhawk Member

The GPM 262 looks nice. I still got one of those charming WHV Me 262´s in 1/50. Love those subtle colours.
    Couldn´t the problem of not enough weight in the nose section be solved by giving the front landing gear wheel a core of steel washers or small coins?
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

10. charliec

charliec Active Member