Is *no place* safe anymore?!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I just saw on the news that someone walked into the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC and shot a security guard and a police officer AFAIK. WTH?! Is there no place safe anymore? :curse:
  2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I just don't understand some people. What a horrific thing to do anyplace. Shooting someone there only makes a tragic event even sadder, if that were possible.

My daughter and I visited the Holocaust museum in 1981 for a school project. What a solemn place, almost as if we were standing on holy ground. Everyone should go at least once as a reminder of what unrestrained evil can do.

God help us.
  3. zakopious

zakopious Member

The world population is an estimated 6,790,000,000.
    If one person in 10,000 is a homocidal maniac, that means that there are 679,000 people in the world who want to kill someone.
    Perhaps this is a low estimate.
    Ever since Cain slew Able, it paid to be alert to the people around you and avoid potentially bad situations.
    Is there no place safe anymore?
    You are not safe in your car.
    You are not safe in church.
    You are not safe in your home.
    You are not safe in your bed.
    The police will not protect you but they will come and do an investigation after something bad happens to you.
    It is up to you to protect yourself as much as the law will allow.
  4. lemmesee

lemmesee Guest

Bad post

I'm new here and I dont feel I have much right to complain, but this post is bad, so is that other one about power and control or whatever. Is this normal accepted behavior here? I sure hope not. This sort of thing can ruin a otherwise good website. Just my two cents.
  5. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

this is the bitches and gripes section. Though one might assume the B&G's would be concerned with modeling topics, there is no hard and fast rule.

BTW, there has never been a "safe" time, it's just an illusion. Think about it; if you are a Jew, it's been unsafe for the past 5,000 years or so. If you were an early American, there were hostile Indians, hostile French, etc. Though largely forgotten, it wasn't safe in the early 1900's because of a Spanish flu pandemic that killed 50 million people worldwide.

But, with the Holocaust murder, it's the utter randomness of the crime that is so scary!

BTW, it's not always safe indoors either...radon poisoning.

Try to laugh a little.

Have a nice day!
  6. lemmesee

lemmesee Guest

Oh I see. Okay, sorry for butting in.

This is a harsh world we live in, anybody who took history in school knows that. One tip I have, no news is good news.
  7. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

We lived by that maxim in the military!
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Sorry to wee in your Cheerios, guys. I just can't believe people *still* deny the holocaust happened . . . And that they are willing to *kill* to prove their point! Those stupid people simply can't get it through their thick heads that their convoluted, obtuse, and incredulous points of view don't just stretch credibility, they rend it to decimated shreds!!
  9. THE DC

THE DC Member!

There is no "safe" place nor has there ever been. We are so spoiled and expectant of protection that we've forgotten that:

2 Mil ago large hungry animals gnawed at us like snack cakes.
    100,000 ago, exposure was a frequent cause of demise.
    1000 ago, your landlord sent you to fight for his land; no refusals accepted.
    200 ago, the US was a raging battle fro freedom.
    60 ago, Nazis were taking advantage of the paralysis people imposed upon themselves and gobbling up the world.
    30 ago, nuclear war was about every corner [duck & cover]
    10 ago the US was treated to its school shootings.

Everyday in my job I encounter people who are in shock when they are targeted as victims by a rapist or murderer. They all look at me wondering why this happened to them.

Because it could.

The best defense against becoming a victim is to be able to protect yourself. Human history had yet provided us a "safe" time.

Maybe we should stop expecting it and adapt by protecting ourselves and each other.

My day would be one h- of a lot less bloody. Then we'd both be happy.

The DC

10. SinAfterSin

SinAfterSin New Member

I'm the son of a holocaust survivor. I've heard the horrific stories all my life. Not just from my mother but from family friends as well. I refuse to believe I've been lied to for the last 47 years. Many things changed when my parents arrived in Australia in 57. They never followed the religion here out of fear. I was christened catholic out of fear. Hell, I wasn't even circumsized out of fear. I have bugger all family in Europe despite the extensive family tree. My mother still has a Datsun 200B that she hasn't driven in years, but she won't let me sell it for her. Her reason is "you'll never know when you need to run away." If the holocaust didn't do this to my family WTF did?
  11. jacberk

jacberk Old Fart - New Member

He who doesn't learn from the mistakes of history is condemned to repeat them. If people don't open their eyes to facts, their minds to truth and understanding, and their hearts to love, I'm afraid all we have left is lies, stupidity, and hatred! My favorite line from the Bible is there is none so blind as he who will not see. Sorry to bring religion in but that about says it all. I can only shake my head at the blind stupidity of people today. The only things that's changed since olden times the speed communications, not the quality. Just my 2 cents.
  12. THE DC

THE DC Member

It happened.

My grandfather, who was no political pawn nor easily persuaded man, opened some of those camps as the Germans retreated. He told me little, it was too painful for his to describe what he'd witnessed. He did say that he saw more horror and evil in those hours than he thought possible to create. He described it as the most depraved moment of human history. He was not brainwashed or bullied into believing what he told me; he'd spelled the smells and seen the human carnage.

He could never forget and suffered night terrors for years over what he witnessed. He carried that burden for the rest of his life, even feeling guilt that he & his boys couldn't have done more.

He never forgot, thus nor will I.

He saw it. It happened.

The DC
  13. AlanMcGee123

AlanMcGee123 New Member

Glad to see mature posts in this thread. I kept scrolling down half expecting to see some Holocaust deniers chime in. I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said already in this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.