IS It Worth It!!!???

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by steven.b, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steven.b

steven.b New Member

hi,
    i have a nitro rush with a nitro star .15fe
    the sleeve, piston is warn and a heat fin is busted off the stock head but the rest is in good shape
    i was looking at this stage three rebuild kit and was wondering if it would give me much more power? or will it just be the same?

my question is: is it worth it to get a stage 3 rebuild kit from HPI or should i just get a new engine???
    if new engine what would you recommend

link to the stage 3
    http://www.hpiracing.com/buyhpi.htm go to engine parts then stage 3
    any help would be great thanks!

P.S. sorry about the bad spelling/grammer

[file]Stage3.jpg,4475,,0[/file]
  2. redheat

redheat Member

Bump that motor out and go new. lots of different motor options if you want to stick with a .15 try the OS cvr.15 or .12 ,if you want more power go with a Wasp.18,@ 1.9 hp thats way more than your ever get from that kit for only 90. bux from Tower Hobbies or order from your local hobbie shop.
  3. steven.b

steven.b New Member

4. redheat

redheat Member

.15 is about one hp and well as I said wasp.18 1.9hp. These motors are nut junk they perform like a top. I use the cvr.12 all three of them and the wasp.18 no complaints here. About the only mod . that might be needed is a clutch nut, fits on your crank shaft.
  5. steven.b

steven.b New Member

ok thanks man i think that is what i will go with
    almost double the power
    but do u think it will be ok on the rush tranny
  6. redheat

redheat Member

If your tranny has bushings change them to bearings ,good ones I'm guessing about 6 of them not including the ones in the diff. those require a different size so 8 bearings at about 5 bucks a piece. could use the same diff. balls if not flat, if worn replace with new. Lube diff. balls . Now on the other hand if your bank is low and your tranny is working ok just use it until it breaks than go in and up grade it.
  7. steven.b

steven.b New Member

ok cool
    the tranny is al BB so i think it should be fine
    i'll just use it till the gears have had it and replace them with steel ones
  8. redheat

redheat Member

The first gear to go is usually the idler gear , keep an eye on your diff. if it gets to tight you might want to loosen it about 1/8 turn. Let me no how it works for you ,, Red PS I'd forget about replacing with steel not worth the headache.
  9. steven.b

steven.b New Member

idler?
    is that in the transmission?
    anyway thank u for the help man and yeah when i get the engine i'll let u know
  10. redheat

redheat Member

Yea the Idler gear is located in the tranny along with the diff. and the top shaft gear that extends out of the tranny case and is connected to the slipper clutch, well anyway you'll understand better when you start tearing into your ST, good luck Red
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.