Is it okay to drive RC Trucks in Snow?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Nitro Man, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitro Man

Nitro Man New Member

I will be getting a new Savage .25 soon and I would like to know if you can go Snowin with trucks?
  2. Ya! driving in the snow is one of the things that makes RCing fun. You will have to do some extra work to make sure your maxx won't get damaged in the snow though. If your receiver isn't in a sealed box, you should make sure water cannot get into it. You might also want to get either paddle tires or sand paws. After a fun run through the snow, make sure you wipe off all your parts to prevent rust and re-lube moving parts.
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

I cant wait till a rock crawler project of mine is done so i can kick up some snow around here. Ya, just waterproof everything, especailly things lower to the ground. I would use baloons to wrap around all the electronics though.
  4. Nitro Man

Nitro Man New Member

OK, so I have made up my mind I will go for the snow.
  5. rstaubach_12

rstaubach_12 Member

You can also get ski's to replace the front tires now. They look pretty cool if you plan on driving in the snow a lot.
  6. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

Skis?? Sort of over doing it in my opinion.
  7. Actually for powder. Skis handle excellantly, they float above the snow giving you great steering. The skis hook on directly to the bolts your tires are one. Simply buy some skis (around $20-25 on ebay) take off your tires, slip on the skis and have fun!
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ya the skis are nice. the savage has most of the electronics in a box but it is open so the servo can stick out so i would balloon everything just to be safe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.