is it hard to fly

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by p1967throwback, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p1967throwback

p1967throwback New Member

i think i want to get into helis
  2. sbobowski

sbobowski New Member

I owned a Nexus .30 It takes a while to learn but if you start simple like just take off and land. NO MOVING!!!! you'll do fine. after you master that try forward flight and so on and so fourth. they're not an out of box and go thing like a car they do take time to learn but they are loads of fun!!!

for starts i would suggest a kyosho Nexus .30
    some other people i Fly with would suggest a Hirobo Shuttle ZXX
    most people you talk to if they started with a shuttle and then bought a nexus they like the nexus better.
    if they started on a nexus then moved to a shuttle they'll like the shuttle better
    whatever you start with you'll learn your basics on and probably crash pretty good after you learn then you are good to go a .60 just has more power but also ways more so it dosn't tip over. (which is something else i should menchin when learning DO NOT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE HELI UNTILL ITS AIRBORN!!!!!) they like to tip in a light breeze on the ground.
    you may get frustrated but just keep trying eventually in no time you'll be a pro.
    hope this helps
    let me know how it goes

SB
  3. Tackleberry

Tackleberry New Member

Also the Raptor .30 is a good entry like the Nexus, and you can also get into the .50 or if you have big bucks, the .60 , most of what you read and hear, the Raptors are capable of some serious 3D flying when your ready for it! Parts are widely available and not too expensive for the Raptors. I am almost ready to get a .50 Raptor myself. Also many suggest the Real Flight simulator, its about 200.00 new, but could save you that much avoiding the first crashes, then you can practice, and fly almost any plane or heli . GOOD LUCK
  4. jeff1111

jeff1111 New Member

i to want a helicopter a small begginner one but i think its going to be to hard to fly all homemade sites i read say you should get a trainer because its to hard
  5. ave20sacramento

ave20sacramento New Member

Flying helicopter is bit dificult than other models. but if you have the patince and determinatio you wil be able to fly one of this in days or weeks.
    - I started flying model helicopter 8 years ago and i can still
    remember how fun and exciting it was. like hovering inches from
    the ground with in a second or so. it was nerve wracking to
    say that you spend thousands of dollars on it and you dont
    wanna crash it.
    - but most guys learn within a gallon of fuel or so. to hover a
    full tank of gas and you ready to enter forward flight

- most important is to try getting a flight simmulator
  6. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

i want a raptor .30 it has always been my dream to fly a heli, if nyone is interested i have an hpi nitro rs4 3 evo with a ton of hop-ups and it is rtr for trade
  7. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

any one know a place to get real sim cheeper then 2 bills,
  8. ewendell

ewendell Member

I have fms&preflight on disc,I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping and $5 for having it.
  9. ewendell

ewendell Member

It's got about 12 different aircraft you can fly on your pc. Planes & choppers.
  10. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

im really kinda loking for real flight,
  11. alisar70

alisar70 Member

by the way WHEN U SAY its not like a rc car *take it out the box then drive it* with rc cars u dont do that ITS MUCH MRE COMPLICATED
  12. T-MAXX KING01

T-MAXX KING01 Member

The Concept 30 is also a great heli to start with. I got one RTF for 300 on ebay. It was very nice to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.