Is it Diesel...or 'lectric?

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by shaygetz, Jun 1, 2003.

1. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

After 9 long years, the shop crew of the B&MC R.R. have just rolled out their latest creation. She sits on a shortened Walther's Doodllebug frame, remotored with a Sagami can motor surrounded by a body composed of dept. store sign material and bits and pieces from the scrap box. She quietly waits for a DCC decoder, a paint job and the results of an informal she 'lectric or diesel?

Attached Files:

2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I'm thinkin' diesel! :)
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

The reason it's taken 9 years is because of the budgetary woes of said railroad. To make 'er a juice jack 'll sqeeze the brass hats into gettin' a pantograph for her. A diesel vote means one more trip to the scrap box to kibble the necessary diesel thingies on her.
  4. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

I'd make her a diesel, shaygetz.

Why? For an electric, running under wire, the railings of the 'front porch' ladder reach up way too high. This could cause a dangerous contact with a low hanging overhead wire. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    On the other hand, I love that ladder - it gives the face of that engine real character! Wouldn't miss it! :cool:

Congratulations for a fine kitbash - I wonder how you decide! :D :D :D

5. interurban

interurban Active Member

ELECTRIC of course:D :D :D
    If you are up to makeing poles and stringing the ovehead.;)
    Put a Marklin Pantagraph on her:p
    Ron the overhead wire is 20 scale feet from the top of the rail, so the ladder wont snag:p
    A well made LOVELY Electric box motor.:) :) :)

(are ya squeezing them brass hats yet)
  6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

7. Catt

Catt Guest

Definately Diesel :D
  8. interurban

interurban Active Member

9. letric

i think it is electric
  10. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Uh oh...4 to 2 in favor of diesel. Mebbee shouldn't o' started the cantenary just yet. :p I'd love to put some more and better pics but I can't crunch the files down enough. Me poor P166 jes' cain't keep up:eek:
  11. yah i wish i could see the whole thing
    cause then i would know but from this view u cant see any exoust exept that one side adn that is not much for diesel and electric does not need exoust so
  12. Catt

Catt Guest

shaygetz,send the pics my way I have a shrink ray that will siuze them down to a usable size
  13. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

Put me down for Electric. That puppy has all the makings of a Juice Jack.:D

14. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

...Snap, Crackle, Pop.

I have to go with the ELECTRIC voters on this one. It just has that...look.:)

And speaking of looks, that model looks GREAT.
  15. mhdishere

mhdishere Member

How about steam???? (People who know me knew that was coming!)
  16. McFortner

McFortner Member

Neither, it is Gas!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Had to say it....

17. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

many thanks to Catt if this works...

Attached Files:

18. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Sorry for the fuzz, I'm still playin' with my new camera's macro feature. Here's a full 3/4 view. In keeping with it's design, it is virtually identical on either end. Thanks for the compliments and comments. Looks like it's heading to the shop to be a juice jack (once I find a pantagraph that doesn't cost more than the locomotive). It actually was inspired by an article in an old MR by Robert Hegge of the 1/4" finescale layout, The Crooked Mountain Lines fame. Steam power would most definately be an interesting propect there, Mhdishire.
  19. interurban

interurban Active Member

Marklin do an great Pan. your LHS should have there catalog.
    Cost about $12.00 US:rolleyes:
  20. so that meen it is letric ???