Is it childish for a 42yr old male to have his own game room:slotcar trk,putting

Discussion in 'Slot Racing & Clubs' started by statuewomanromans, Sep 12, 2007.

1. statuewomanromans

statuewomanromans New Member

grn,b-bgun range,slotmachine?
  2. cloeen

cloeen New Member

3. worldssmallestcat

worldssmallestcat New Member

No. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have some fun. As long as it is in an appropriate place in the house. i.e. no slot machines in the living room.
  4. ejsamp

ejsamp New Member

it depends on how much time he spends with those things, if he has children, a significant other, and if he includes them in his hobbies.
  5. lampoilman

lampoilman New Member

As long as he is a good husband, let him have this innocent fun. Would you rather he was going out to bars and strip clubs? Going out all night with "the boys" playing poker and drinking? You better thank God he is as he is.
  6. vivgig2001

vivgig2001 New Member

No it just like playing cards,swimming ,football,etc.

In someway it sounds better.
  7. alhetzel

alhetzel New Member

There's an easy way to tell. Does he share it with anyone? If he has not problem with that, then no it's not childish. If he won't let anyone else touch his stuff, that's getting a bit childish.

My own game room had a pool table. When I moved, I had to give it up.
  8. Goldfinger

Goldfinger New Member

No it is not Childish.

Invite me.................please.
  9. burgrd

burgrd New Member

No it's not but don't forget to invite the grandkids
  10. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

sure it is. and thats a good thing not a bad one.
  11. rockybear

rockybear New Member

toys in my garage

at 52 years old i have more toys now than when i was a younger kid. i have a commercial type slot car track that i used to race on in 1967-68. i also have different games and stereo there. this spring i am putting a digital projector in a gazeebo so i can have movie nights. Childlike keeps me in touch with my 12 year old son too. i know where he is and all of his friends like to come over to play with my toys. they often bring their dads too.:thumb: jack
  12. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Don't worry about what others think! If you enjoy it, and it doesn't infringe on important responsibilities like feeding the family, then what can possibly be the harm?

I think our society mistakenly undervalues "play". I don't think there is anything "childish" about it. If you look at other intelligent mammals (primates, porpoises, etc), play among adults is common, and probably an important factor in social health.

I also think we have weird divisions of just what kind of play is "childish" versus "serious". To me, spending years of research and craftsmanship to painstakingly construct an amazingly realistic model or diorama seems much more serious than chasing after a ball, yet others would have it the opposite. Viva la difference.

Life shouldn't be a sober, solemn march to the grave. It should be savored, enjoyed and brimming with fun! Now go play! :D
  13. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

I'm retired, 59 years old and started an N scale model railroad layout , I own a scale stationary steam engine plus a subbuteo table soccer, so the 42 years old "kid" has a lot of years ahead of him to collect more toys.

14. hmas

hmas Member

15. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Room???? I'm Building an entire building devoted to my Slot Car Track/Model RR Toys.............I only wish I could make it bigger to include a seperate home studio...........alas, that will likely have to stay in the spare Bedroom :(

Then again...........hmmm all I needs another 12' of Length...LOL :D