Is investing in gold bullion a good idea?

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by bunski4, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunski4

bunski4 New Member

Anyone know the in's and out's/pro's and con's of this, I have heard it is a fairly safe form of investment.
  2. Laura C

Laura C New Member

No chance - the price of gold and precious metals have gone down. Diamonds/precious stones are the business.
  3. on the wagon

on the wagon New Member

lend me a fiver mate,,,
  4. Morrith

Morrith New Member

It's a great idea. Buy low, sell high. Bye bye.
  5. Pheasant Plucker

Pheasant Plucker New Member

You would be gambling on a price rise, when over the last 20 years, or so, the price has risen, fallen sharply, stayed low for several years, then risen again in recent times. Various happenings affect the price;such as - stock market crash, world conflicts, (e.g. a Middle East war), supply and demand.

6. lithium630

lithium630 New Member

Gold has never been a good long term investment. It does not beat the stock market or inflation. I do believe it is a good short term investment because it has been beaten down over the past year.P.S. Diamonds are not a good investment. Diamonds can be man made now and the quality will most like improve soon.
  7. Steve B

Steve B New Member

No.Do some research on the performance of Gold as an investment over the last 10 years to find out for youself why it's not a good idea.You MUST get used to the idea of 'looking before you leap' ... or you will soon be parted from your money (just like any other fool)
  8. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

You have to take into account the financial environment as a whole...With the tremendous budget & trade deficits the U.S. economy is now running, with no relief in sight, the Dollar is due for a trouncing (devaluation...). The price of gold will skyrocket.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.