is CEN a good make

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alisar70, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisar70

alisar70 Member

2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i have no experience with them but the genises looks real good
  3. Steve M

Steve M Member

If you are considering buying a new nitro vehicle, then I strongly recommend you consider the following.

1) Check locally to see what others run and speak to them about their experiences, good and bad. It helps to know someone with the same car should you have any problems.

2) Make darn sure you can buy replacement parts locally. Waiting on mail order is a pain and could leave you stranded for weeks waiting on that one part that broke. I can't stress this one enough.

3) Buy a name brand vehicle and not some nice "special of the week" from the local shop or some online store. By brand names I mean Team Associated, Serpent, Trinity, Losi, Yokomo, etc... Names like CEN, Smartech and others DO NOT make quality vehicles.
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

ya my lhs carries every part for my traxxas and hpi. i just go in and they always have it in stock. saves me the hassel of ordering and waiting
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

oh ok so CEN dont make good cars?
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

they are good but you dont want to buy a car that the local hobby shop doesnt stock parts for.
  7. niner

niner Member

CEN does mak quality cars, actually was the fastest car you could get rtr. Now i agree about smartech.
  8. pimp

pimp Active Member

cen makes 1 of the fastest out of the box street car it is called the cen ct4 really great cars but woul be better if u get a traxxas,hpi,ta,or hb u would be better off to do that the cen does 73.4 mph right out of the box so it is a really good nitro rc street car
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.