Ironton Northern Action Shots

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Since I got the new digital camera, I've had a lot of fun photographing my layout. I've started scenery so hopefully soon you'll see more than just blue hills!

QuadWedgie.jpg

Here's a southbound Ironton Northern freight griding through Gallipolis with a mixed bag of power. The Cleveland power desk is known for using anything that runs to get the trains over the road, as evidenced by this train. Here we see a Grand Valley GP30 leading a JELX SD35, Ironton Terminal SW1200, and DT&I GP9. This is definately the road to railfan for cool power!

QuadHeader.jpg

Here's a closer view of the power.

IrontonJunction.jpg

Ironton Junction is still a very busy place on the railroad. This is where the DT&I and N&W meet the Ironton Northern with the Ironton Terminal keeping everything straight. Here we see an Ironton Terminal transfer run cool its heels while a DT&I Geep pulls a cut of cars into the interchange yard.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Very nice Brian. You have a very cool layout going on. Looks like those clouds are really stacked up back there - almost like a wall of clouds! Must be sunset too, they're bathed in that reddish glow!

cheers
Val