Ironton Northern Action Shots

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by railohio, Aug 15, 2003.

1. railohio

railohio Active Member

Since I got the new digital camera, I've had a lot of fun photographing my layout. I've started scenery so hopefully soon you'll see more than just blue hills!

Here's a southbound Ironton Northern freight griding through Gallipolis with a mixed bag of power. The Cleveland power desk is known for using anything that runs to get the trains over the road, as evidenced by this train. Here we see a Grand Valley GP30 leading a JELX SD35, Ironton Terminal SW1200, and DT&I GP9. This is definately the road to railfan for cool power!

Here's a closer view of the power.

Ironton Junction is still a very busy place on the railroad. This is where the DT&I and N&W meet the Ironton Northern with the Ironton Terminal keeping everything straight. Here we see an Ironton Terminal transfer run cool its heels while a DT&I Geep pulls a cut of cars into the interchange yard.
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great shots Brian! If I had a brick wall like that, I'de skip the backdrop and let the bricks show!
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It grows and grows Brian
    Thanks for the update.
    Digital cameras are great for model railroader Eh!
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Nice work, Brian!:cool: :cool: :cool:
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Good Stuff Brian Nice pics keep up the good work and post them please.
  6. Catt

Catt Guest

I like the blue and yellow locomotive :D :D :D

Good to see some pics Brian.
  7. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Hi Brian. You are coming along just fine. Looks great.
  8. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great pictures. Looks like the layout is coming along nicely.
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Very nice Brian. You have a very cool layout going on. Looks like those clouds are really stacked up back there - almost like a wall of clouds! Must be sunset too, they're bathed in that reddish glow!