Iron Man lifesize bust...

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Trakk, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Trakk

Trakk Member

2. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

at the 405th, you can get a 1:1 unfolded model of helmet and the chest and back armor. They are made so you could build your own armor as a wearable costume and are therefor untextured (all white (vanilla)).

But I think you could easily mak it into a 1:1 bust. Take a look:

Kind Regards

Jim Lionmane
  3. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Thanks for the link :)
  4. zealousy

zealousy Member

Thanks for the link! :)
  5. Trakk

Trakk Member

And again thanks for the link Jim!

This is exactly what i was looking for to try and build an 1:1 Ironman bust.
    When i got the time to start building it i will post a WIP.
  6. zealousy

zealousy Member

The kit will need some tampering with to make it a bust...I don't intend to wear it. Lighting the model will be an idea too! I plan to build it white and paint over it. Will need thicker paper so it won't crumple cos of the size! But all will have to wait till my DBR9 is done! Good luck with yours. Let us know!
  7. Trakk

Trakk Member

Sure, that kit need some modification to make it a bust and i try to figure it out while building it. Especially the stand for the bust will be a challenge. I'm also planning to paint it but i'm going to use photopaper 280g/m² to build the bust so i'm not sure yet what the best method will be to paint? Any suggestions?

Hopefully i can start building in 3 weeks.
  8. zealousy

zealousy Member

280 photo paper? sweet! personally I haven't worked on that quality material, so I can't be exact. But an idea would be to print it off on 40gsm A4, scan 'em, Add the colours with Photoshop or something and print them on to your cardstock! that way you will have an even coulour throughout and the gloss. Not so sure if there's an easier way, but that's what just popped onto my head. :) Hope it helps!
  9. Syrus54

Syrus54 New Member

I've got a copy of the Bust in .PDO format.

You need it?
  10. cool_marxcat

cool_marxcat cool_marxcat

Thanks for sharing the link.