IPMS Duneland results

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by ARMORMAN, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

ARMORMAN Guest

We had our IPMS competition Saturday (and my fellow club members kept reminding me that the "P" stands for "Paper" to which I retorted,"No it stands for 'Poor.'"

Well, I entered 5 paper models in the following areas:

Cars, competitive, closed wheel: - Nascar paper model - didn't expect to win, did it more to generate interest

Dioramas, Non-Military: Empire Strikes Back (ShunPop's AT-AT and a resized Snowspeeder)

SciFi Figures: FM5 promotional mech and a custom paper pilot (my design shrunk to 1:86, I think)

SciFi Spaceships: T-Bolt MkIII and Ranger Interceptor (progression set: Prototype Alpha build - 1:72, Beta Build with cockpit and pilot - 1:72, Gamma build - release version 1:48)

Both my 10 and 6 year old entered paper models enmasse in the Junior category.

The results:

SciFi Fig: 2nd Place

SciFi Spaceships: 3rd; T-Bolt Mk III

My 6 year old took 3rd in the Juniors

Pics of the (my) winners:

Attached Files:

2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Excellent! What's that old saying..."We're movin' on up!" 8v)

3. Gil

Gil Active Member

It's nice to show but even better to place. Congrats all the way around! Some the plastic modelers in my area are amongst the best in the World producing some pretty unbelievable results in that media. Some are now getting interested in model ships which might be a place where paper can not only hold it's own but can in some respects blow plastic out of the water. Like in "Pinky and the Brain", "it's what we do every night, plan World domination"...,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.