Inverted engines

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by enniroc52, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enniroc52

enniroc52 New Member

I am fairly new to RC flying so forgive me if this question has already been dealt with. I recently installed a two cycle magnum 60 in the inverted position. It took me a while to get it adjusted but I think I'm there. It runs beautiful and idles nicely however whenever I put the plane into a diving spin the engine seems to flood itself out and quits as soon as I pull out. The highest level of fuel in the tank when full is about 1/4" above the intake. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

You Should have a "clunk" system in the tank to keep the fuel pickup submerged in fuel no matter what position the AC is in. Does the engine rev high then die? or is it a "flameout" If you pop the glow plug is the engine flooded? And by "intake" do you mean the line running to the carb from the tank?
  3. enniroc52

enniroc52 New Member

Hi Rock, Thanks for your reply. Yes I have a clunk system that works as you described. The engine revs just slightly higher when the nose is pointed upwards. When I remove the glow plug it is slightly wet. Yes, by intake I mean the carburator. One thing I forgot is that the needle valve is at the rear of the engine but level with the carb obviously connected together with a short fuel line. Thanks.
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Check your clunk line for any signs of cracking or leaking. All you lines for that matter. It sounds like you are running lean and that could be caused by an air leak. Let me know.
  5. SULLI

SULLI Member

put a filter onit to slow down the feul pressure and take ur egaust apart and thir should be a plate init take it out and see haw it runs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.