Introductory Diorama

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
lok pretty cool man!cant wait to see it finished,but what is that octagonal structure,its really cool looking.--josh

Pooh Bah
Bigsteel: The octagonal structure is the water tower. In northern regions we had to cover them in; I'm not sure if we added heaters to them or not. In Perth, the base of the water tower was stone as stone was a popular local building material, but it was all more round.

Will: glad to see Robin's buildings being used so well.

Timbob

re intoductory dioram

Will

Great start there.

I am modelling early 1900's in HO ( I know - horribly oversized - but meets my needs for parts I can see) and was wondering if you had any plan drawings for the octagonal water tower?

Tim

Pooh Bah
Timbob: there was a plastic kit for the enclosed water tank in HO (Park Model Products? about 30 years ago) and I think they still show up second hand. I know I have one in my collection of boxes.

Biased turkey

If there is a power packconnected , it's not technically a diorama :)
Nice work, I like the contrast between the 2 sides of your "diorama".
I have a 25" x 36" layout, a call it a live diorama.

Papa Bear

Will_annand said:
those LPB have to get back to work. They left the windows piled in front, roofing shingles on pallets on the roof. Luckily the weather will be fair for several days to come.

It's hard to get good help, isn't it? :D

Is your mini layout also based on the Credit Valley like your main layout is? I was thinking about building something similar based on local railroads.