Introduction

Raistlin

Hello, I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Raistlin and I have been a model RR-er for about 2 weeks. Recently I went the Winona Peach festival and a gentleman was setup showing his train set, and on a whim I decided I wanted one.

I have decided to go with HO scale RR.

I don't have the skill level at making terrain and scenery like some of the folk on here, but I do appreciate you posting the pictures, they are great to look at.

I am keeping it simple for now, and just enjoying it.

Thanks for having such a great forum!

Raisltin

C

Catt

Raistiln,welcome to the Gauge.You will find plenty of good advise here for the asking.

Just remember there is no such thing as a dumb/stupid question ,cause the only way you learn is by asking. :D

Tileguy

We have a Wizard in our midst ;)
Welcome aboard Raistlin, Dragonlance is classic fantasy and one of my few diversions from reality( other than model RRing) !! :)

Raistlin

thanks for the warm welcome, all.

I am sure I will have tonnes of questions in the coming weeks....so be prepared haha.

Raistlin (the master of past and present)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
........ and his co-hort.. Dan Ifistilis... (D&D name for Fistidantilis) :) :)

Welcome aboard Raist... (From an uncle of a Kender....)

...... Been "GMing & RPGing" for longer than I've been Model Railroading.... :) Read all the DL books...

Ask most anything you like.. We're here :) :)

~~ Mikey (Admin) --- a.k.a. Morgan Zuhl -- 23rd lev Monk
......................................................................... Have sword..........Will travel!

doctorwayne

Welcome to "The Gauge". I've not been here much longer than you, although I've been model-railroading for over 50 years. This is a good place to ask questions or just pick up information. I suggest that you also pick up a magazine to browse through: my favourite is Railroad Model Craftsman; Model Railroader is also good and there are many others. Besides lots of neat pictures, there are plenty of how-to articles and loads of ads to show you some of the products available. If you are local to the area of the Peach Festival, there are several good hobby stores within easy driving distance: Niagara Central Hobbies, in St. Catharines; Trains on Brant, in Burlington; and Modeller's Choice, on the Mountain in Hamilton.

ausien

I would like to add my welcome Raist, I am just a strugling RR, and do not know much about D&D`s ecept it was a craze in the uni`s here for a while in the late 60`s early 70`s.
please ask your questions, as the answers you get may help me learn something too...have a good one..steve

Will_annand

Welcome Raisltin.
I joined last year and must say this is the best forum on the internet. Keep reading and you , like me, will learn alot.