Introduction - new here

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Bird Man, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Bird Man

Bird Man N Scale - trying again

Hi all, I just found this forum and thought that I would introduce myself.

I live in the SF Bay Area (Marin County) and have modeled on and off since I was 12 (U control custom built planes & HO) and have now started working in N scale (DCC and weathering) after a long hiatus (25 years) of being away from trains of any scale.

My main interest is in weathering/scenery/realistic n scale layout planning. I hope to ask for guidance and critical opinions of what I am up to.

Glad to be here :wave:
  2. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Welcome!!! You'll be glad you've found this place - there's plenty of great information, amazing layouts and some great layout picture-takers here.
  3. berraf

berraf Member

Welcome "Birdman"!
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

You have now been assimilated into the train borg. This forum will now take up all your time and become a far worse obsession than mere model trains alone could ever become. Your wife will come to hate you. Your kids will start to ignore you. Your friends will forget all about you. No one will ever see or hear from you again. You have been sucked into....... THE GAUGE!

Welcome to the forum! :wave:
  5. rhtastro

rhtastro Member

Hey BM, you found a great treasure with this forum. Lot's of great people here and good info. I just found it last month. Even if you are from Marin, we won't hold that against you. (Local joke, guys). Good luck with your projects and as stated by one of the gurus on this forum "remember, it's just for fun", or something like that. Bob
  6. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

Welcome Bird Man,
    You are at the right place here, plenty of friendly and helpfulmembers.
    Remember: It's just a hobby, enjoy it.
  7. engineshop

engineshop Member

I also live in Marin County, San Rafael and I am more into custom painting and have never really tried weathering. I hope you can give us some pointers.
    If your LHS Feather River Trains, it would be nice to meet once there.
  8. atticn

atticn New Member

Welcome great place to get started again,great info,and tips
  9. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Member

Welcome aboard!

I second the motion about Feather River Trains. You have a great store right in your area.
  10. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Wow! I think that's a good candidate for a standardized welcome message to all new members.
  11. SD90

SD90 Active Member

There is lots of good talent here, look around, and you will be sure to learn new stuff all the time.