Introduction from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by themainecooncat, Aug 30, 2014.

1. themainecooncat

themainecooncat New Member

Glad to meet fellow paper maniacs. I just love anything doing with paper modeling, whether it's origami, kirigami, origamic architecture, dioramas, pop-up cards and etc.

The avatar I have is a picture of my maincooncat, Bobby. He is one of seven other cats who have been found wandering our neighborhood and homeless. I love them all and each has their own different personalities. Their names are Miss Kitty(the oldest),Mr. Kitty, Bobby, Pukie, Little Boy, Gray, Samuel and Jules. I have attached their pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Hello and welcome to Zealot.

You have a beautiful collection of cats. I was wondering where you got the templates for these wonderful models? ;) (Just joking)
    I too am a lover of cats!!!

If you have any photos of some of your models, please post them!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you will enjoy yourself.

I look forward to seeing your work!!!
  3. themainecooncat

Thank You and my cats thank you. I will post some stuff soon and I have a number of Dioramas in the works. Until then I'll thank once again for your warm welcome.
  4. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Oh I am so glad I did not miss your post. Welcome to Zealot. I am a Cat person two. Mine are rather oung, only around 10 years old. I got them after I lost three in one year. Carlisle, she was 25 years old. Rambette, daughter, she was 23 years old. Samantha, she died young, at 17 from pancreatic failure, she was the granddaughter. My Dalmatian died that year also, and I find my eyes welling up. His name was Jesse. He died of Liver failure at 16 years on giving pure love. The pain was unbearable, so we went to the animal shelter and adopted a mother and son black car, Abbey and Dio, respectively, and a dog Rhyse, age, not too sure?) that looks like he may be half Corgi, and half Piranha. He was a handful. He was abused. He is now a couch potato. He likes to eat them with cream cheese and bacon bits (seldom, not healthy, but now and then is O.K.)

So, you have landed in a welcoming, gentle, friendly forum. I hope you enjoy yourself, check out the forum. Our rules are simple, and strictly, but not blindly enforced. Mistakes are just that, mistakes. We don't sweat them. Welcome to Zealot!! :)
  5. themainecooncat

It's hard to loose a pet and I have had many pass through the years. I also have a dog named Murphy and he is a brindle Scottish terrier around 7 years old and too smart for his own good. He understands everything you say to him and he loves to talk to all the girls at Dunkin Donuts so that they will give him Munchkins. He also likes to sing (howl) when I sing. All the pets (I call them my little people) are spoiled rotten and I'm to blame. Now to have a cat live to 27 is quite a feat. The oldest cat I had lived to 22. Murphy eats just about anything. If he sees you eating it, he'll usually will eat it. One of his favorite things is pizza crust and pasta (plain). Bobby the mainecooncat loves fruit yogurt. It just breaks my heart when I see any animal abused or discarded. I feel that all life is precious. Thank you for welcoming me.:happy:

Attached Files:

6. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Those are cute. I really like Dioramas. They are like reading a story without having to pick up a book! :)
  7. themainecooncat

The Dioramas I'm working on are still unfinished. One is about "Uncle Tom's Cabin" the book and another is A thatch roof house based on a photograph of a 15th century one in the UK. I just love thatch roof houses and it started in 1983 when my family went to the UK on a vacation and we did the BB route. We started in London then went to Stonehendge, Bath, Cardiff, Cornwall, Liverpool, Carlisle, Moffat, Edinburgh, Inverness and Loch Ness. The thatch roof houses I like were in Codford Village and east of Loch Lomond. View attachment 136479 View attachment 136480

Attached Files: