Introducing The Apollo Historical Series in 1/480th scale

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by George B, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

I'd like to know where but over all WHEN you're publishing this Apollo collection: because I HURRY to see, to get, to build this collection!!!!:mad:

:rolleyes:;) Nando
  2. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

It'll be really soon, I promise.

I'm fighting my way thru one last major model I'm trying to get designed, and it's fighting me back, however, my progress has started to pick up. Hopefully I'll get it knocked out in the next few days, get it prototyped and sent to George for his cut at it, paint job, etc.

Also, George found out about one more really cool surprise the other day that will really add to the collection immensely, however, I don't know what the timeline on that will be. I'm hoping it'll be fairly quick, but regardless, it'll be worth the wait to include it.

Then, we have to button up some details, like instruction manuals, documentation, etc, but I think they'll be relatively straightforward.

This is my longwinded way of saying it's not quite ready yet, but it won't be very much longer, and when I tell you that we're including a LOT in this series, I'm understating it big-time. It's fair to say that we'll be covering ground and giving you models you've likely never seen before (well, at least I haven't).

Please be patient just a little bit longer. And I tell you what -- if you liked my original little S-V/MLP/LUT model, and you're not absolutely blown away by the new release, I'll gladly give you a full refund! ;-)

3. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

i am soooo looking forward to this collection so much so my divorce papers coming thru the post today arent so important !!!sign1:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  4. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

Uh, well, I'm honored, I guess...

Sorry that's the way it's going for you, but if our work brings you some joy, so much the better.

5. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

If there's anyone crazy enough to make a lunar module in this scale to match this amazing collection... I would not have anythingelse to say, but... jawdrop
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Yea, Hans,

Why ineed not? If you make the U-Don LM model in a 10th of the original scale it was designed in (1:48), you are home.
    But I guess you´d better have googles with large magnifying glasses, a supersmall and thin scalpel and very thin and dense printing paper, to make it work.

The miniature masters of this forum has proven it can be done - do y´all remember 'Texman´s'/Ray´s little 'Penny-Fokker'?

Nothing is impossible, it seems!
    Bengt :rolleyes:
  7. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Don't defy me! :curse:
  8. Hans Christian

9. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

anyone gunna be making a moon to scale?:p lol this will definately be worth the wait.:thumb:
  10. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

'OOOO' More space models. I need a bigger house.
  11. Hans Christian

Moon? hmmm... Well... if someone here owns a room that's as LARGE as a university campus, why not? bounce7
  12. the mole

the mole Member

Is it getting close to starting series?
  13. George B

George B Senior Member

Yes, we have all the Saturn 1B Skylab missions, ASTP and a special surprise, all to be released at the same time any day now.:)

We'll let you know when and where as soon as the files are available for D/L.

14. Brut

Brut New Member

We continue to wait and hope .... :)
  15. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest