Introducing atrefrey (Alan).

atrefrey

Hello I am new to this site as of yesterday. I found a paper or Card model of the Edmund Fitzgerald on Ebay. I have built many wood boat (RC) models, mostly Dumas over the years. This is my first card model and it did not come with any instructions except for a short paragraph in Polish?. I was hoping someone here would have them or a similar model's instructions or just some basic how to tips.

Regards, Alan
Ipswich, MA USA

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Alan,

welcome to the forum! :)

Sorry to hear about your experiences with the bay. As far as I know the "Edmund Fitzgerald kit" is a pre-printed kit which comes with an instruction sheet. So either your copy was used and the instruction page got lost somehow or you did not receive an original copy and got ripped off. Either way, I ran a quick google search and found a review of the model with a small preview picture of the assembly:

http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews/ships/misc/auxil/400-fitz-jsc/fitz-06.jpg

Hope this helps! :)

Please post some pics of your build (we looove pictures) when you are tackling it.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot "atrefay". I'd love to see some pics of your model, a build thread showing the assembly would be even better. Don't be shy, upload pictures directly, this forum needs no picture hosting and we require you to upload the pictures, they always remain yours. It's in the "Rules and policies". "A picture speaks a thousand words". :)

atrefrey

Thank you guys. I will post some pics when I get started. I imagine the best tool for cutting would be a #11 exacto blade and a steel scale to line it up.What is the best gluing technique to use?

Alan

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I like UHU Glue. Any glue you are used too. I do not use any type of white glue, personal preference. Michael's Craft Stores carries UHU Brand Glue, and also a glue called ZIP dRY, which I highly recommend. You can glue glass to leather and steel tubes to glass with it. It forms a mechanical bond, so it does not damage the piece. It is not poisonous, and is lignen free, which means it dries clear and will not yellow. I personally am a great fan of sharp scissors, and Micheal's Craft Stores also sells a nice small scissor set with curved blades which makes for very accurate cutting. I rarely use eX-Acto blades, though there are times when that is the tool you must use. Funny, I use them a lot when I am Building/adjusting the Bridge on a Violin to change the tone (not tune)? To each his own, I prefer scissors, but you should have a selection of tools for what you are doing. :) :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Catching up with some ...Hello and welcome to Zealot!
Can you let me know who published the paper model? It is sometimes possible to get English Instructions if you know where to look. They should have been the first couple pages before the model in B/W that at least showed the steps, and how thick to glue up the different parts...like a single * next to a part is to glue to a .2 mm thickness ( depending on the model of course).

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Actually I did a quick search also and the file that Revell-Fan pointed you to, IS the instruction sheet for the JSC MicroFlota Edmund Fitzgerald...that's as good as that one gets! Work from the bottom up, at least double up the hull and the deck for some strength, and don't use ELMERS!