Intro

Inkyrail

Sep 23, 2006
San Bernardino, CA
www.myspace.com
Hey, my name is Josh. I am 20 years old, and I work for the Union Pacific at West Colton Yard as a switchman/RCO. I am looking at getting into model railroading. I'll probably be reading more than posting, as I learn more about the hobby.

Also, I'd like to say kudos to Deano-"UP SD40-2". I am certainly in the minority being a fan of Union Pacific (that's why I chose to work there) and it's good to see someone else that likes UP. I am currently reading page two of your thread "Engine Pics and Train Stuff" with great interest. I have run UPY 833 as an RCO, and it is awesome seeing it in model form. If you need a current pic of it, just let me know.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
:wave: Hi Josh and welcome to the Gauge.

I think that you and Deano are going to really hit it off, seeing as how you are both UP Fans. I am into UP too but more of BNSF, CNW and CSX. Well heck, Now that I think about it, I like BNSF, UP, CSX, and CNW all the samebounce7

Glad you could join us here and feel free to ask any questions you might have.:thumb: :D

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Inkyrail:wave:, WELCOME TO THE GAUGE!!!:thumb: :D . THANKS!, for the complement!:D WOW!:eek:, you work for UP, TOO COOL!!!:thumb::D . i have 2 threads(one i ended, got to big), if you have read them, you'll find i EAT, BREATH, and SLEEP UP!!:D i would GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY UP PICS or INFO!!:D . in MY book, UP RULES!!!:D GLAD to have you aboard!!!:thumb: :D -Deano View attachment 30170

Attachments

• logo22.JPG
    logo22.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 96

Inkyrail

Sep 23, 2006
San Bernardino, CA
www.myspace.com
Thanks, guys! Deano, I think you will be happy to know that UPY 833 does now have the twin beacons that you put on the model, as it is now an RCL. It also has dynamic brakes. I have run that unit several times now, and it is a good unit!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Inkyrail said:
Thanks, guys! Deano, I think you will be happy to know that UPY 833 does now have the twin beacons that you put on the model, as it is now an RCL. It also has dynamic brakes. I have run that unit several times now, and it is a good unit!
AWESOME!!!:D THANKS!!, Josh G. :D -Deano

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I've sometimes heard that there aren't many modelers and rail fans among the actual rail employees. Have you noticed anything like that or do you see other UP coworkers being fans as well?
Ralph

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Hi Josh, and welcome to the Gauge.:wave: While many may look askance at some of U.P.'s corporate policies, there's no denying the appeal of their locomotives, both past and present. I'm surprised that they haven't put Dean on the payroll, as I'm sure that he's converted others, besides me, to seeing some of the more positive aspects of Uncle Pete.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
doctorwayne said:
I'm surprised that they haven't put Dean on the payroll, as I'm sure that he's converted others, besides me, to seeing some of the more positive aspects of Uncle Pete. Wayne
THANK YOU Wayne!!!:D i found those to be VERY KIND words:D . **BTW Josh G., i have been an auto/semi truck painter for 22yrs, i live in UP's "Harvard Sub" district... know anyone that can get me "in";)tooth1hamr sign1 -Deano

Inkyrail

Sep 23, 2006
San Bernardino, CA
www.myspace.com
Ralph, not many of the employees (as far as I know- I could be wrong) are not railfans, though there are a few.

Deano, I'm way out on the UP Alhambra Sub, near LA, plus I am a fairly new guy.

I like UP because of our rememberance of heritage. Look at the Heritage units, the steam locomotives, and the color scheme that has been in use since they started painting locomotives. I am not much of a BNSF fan, because with the coming of the BNSF came the demise of the AT&SF. And after the injury, the insult came when they came out with the new logo and insisted that the railroad only be called BNSF, casting off the final remnants of whatever heritage they had.

Anyway, Dean, I finished "Engine Pics and Train Stuff" and am halfway throught your first thread. I have found them very informative and I look forward to finishing up.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Hey Josh G.:wave:, i was TOTALLY KIDDING about getting me a job with UP:D , sure it would be GREAT, but honestly, i have a GREAT JOB, have TONS of benefits, and am VERY fortunate to make a GOOD wage:thumb: . **ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, i am GLAD you have liked my threads so far!:D PLEASE feel free to chime in ANYTIME, to talk trains, or post some UP stuff, or whatever:thumb: . THANKS! :D -Deano

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Inkyrail said:
Hey, my name is Josh. I am 20 years old, and I work for the Union Pacific at West Colton Yard as a switchman/RCO. I am looking at getting into model railroading. I'll probably be reading more than posting, as I learn more about the hobby.

Also, I'd like to say kudos to Deano-"UP SD40-2". I am certainly in the minority being a fan of Union Pacific (that's why I chose to work there) and it's good to see someone else that likes UP. I am currently reading page two of your thread "Engine Pics and Train Stuff" with great interest. I have run UPY 833 as an RCO, and it is awesome seeing it in model form. If you need a current pic of it, just let me know.

Welcome aboard Josh. Are you familier with www.socalrailfan.com/forums/index.php?
It is a local site dedicated to railfanning the various railroads and all of their branches here in Southern California.