Intresting signs

Glen Haasdyk

I was in a craft store last weekend and found some weathered signs from the movie 'Cars' They were the ones on the fence outside Mater's towing. anyway They are about the size of those old signs that were on the sides of garages in small towns, advertising oil, tires servicing ect. I'd scan them and post but they're probably copywrited but check them out. I've got an old garage that I plan to scratchbuild and these would work perfectly.

(BTW this is my 1000th post!)

dsfraser

Geez, Glen. 1000th post? You're as bad as me, we need to spend more time modelling.

Cheers
Scott Fraser
Calgary

COMBAT

Can I see a picture of them? What scale are these? How much are they? Where did you get them?

If you answer each of those questions in a new reply that will be four more posts. :)

Glen Haasdyk

I don't think I can legaly show a picture of them since they are copywrited. but I'll be using them in HO scale. I found them amoungst the scrapbooking stickers in a local craft store.
they have slogans like :
Mechanic on duty
Re-volting alternators
and a couple others.
As well as larger 1" tall letters spelling out TOW MATER. I suppose if you could figure out other words for the letters you could find uses for those as well.
I figured they were worth the 2 bucks I spent on them

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
How about a photo of the signs when they are on the garage you plan to build Glen? No problem there. I see some potential copyright issues in scanning them in a way that would allow them to be reproduced for free. Thanks for thinking about that issue and for bringing these signs to our attention. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do wit them!
Ralph

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I don't want to be obnoxious about this but it seems to me that if copyrighted materials are scanned to a forum like ours in a way that they could be printed and used by others without paying for them seems like a copyright violation to me. On the other hand, a photo of the signs that would not lend itself as suitable for downloading and using does not.

Regards,
Ralph

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Recently I did a search for "free HO signs" and found some sites that posted photos of nice signs but had a printed logos or messages across the sign samples so they would be useless if I tried to print them for my use. This makes it seem clear to me that manufacturers of such signs do not wish to give them away for free and rightly so.

Again, thanks Glen for your thoughtfulness in asking first.
Ralph

COMBAT

Thank you Ralph for clearing that up. I'll just have to refer the rest of you to the craft store to find the stickers

I dont think I explained what I was saying very clearly. If you take a photo like this,
2275637900101408376S600x600Q85.jpg

You are not violating copy right laws. You are showing something that clearly cant be used to reproduce the item for personal use. I hope that makes more sense. :)

I dont think I explained what I was saying very clearly. If you take a photo like this,
2275637900101408376S600x600Q85.jpg

You are not violating copy right laws. You are showing something that clearly cant be used to reproduce the item for personal use. I hope that makes more sense. :)

Nice pic!!!!!! :mrgreen: :thumb:

COMBAT

sign1sign1

Sorry, should have asked... I hope you dont mind. I happened to have that page open when I was typing here and need an example. :thumb:

Damn Hook

Nice pic!!!!!! :mrgreen: :thumb:

I agree! Although I like every picture that has a Roadway or Preston semi in it. sign1

My dad drove for Preston trucking for years n years. Then went to Roadway when they closed. Retired from Roadway almost 4 years ago. He needs a hobby of his own!! I'll have to get me some Roadway & try to find some Preston trucks. Funny thing too, our last name is Preston and the guys at work would ask my dad if he owned them. He would say, Why the hell would I be out here driving these crappy trucks if I owned it? lol..

Ohh sorry for jackin' your thread man, signs look cool though! That movie was the best. :mrgreen: