Interstage Saturn V

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Waeschens, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

my newest project is the interstage of the Saturn V.

But I need more informations about it.

Attached Files:

2. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

The interstage on Greelts Saturn.

Attached Files:

3. George B

George B Senior Member

WOW...that's cool!!!!:-o
  4. gpw

gpw Member

That looks really good. Is it 1:48 ?
  5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

THAT is some SERIOUS card model design. Look at the DETAIL.

If that's 1:96, then I have some work to do on my designs.

Looks like I need to learn Autocad.
  6. vikto_dos

vikto_dos New Member

Good job

It´s a good job (or work?, I´m sorry, I´m from Spain).
    It´s look so real...:eek:
  7. jparenti

jparenti Member

Is this the next stage on Greelt's Saturn V then? It looks amazing!
  8. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

it´s 1:48. I had paint it with Corel Draw. But I got not enough informations about it, so I paint it by guess and by gosh. It is my first shot and only a test. Maybe I will get some further informations.

I hope Greelt will finish his Saturn V as soon as possible.

9. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

Next step at the interstage is designing the stringers, ullage motors and other parts. Maybe I will use lasercut parts for the formers. But first I had to build my redesigned structure of the formers.

10. mikew

mikew Member

Looking very nice there.
  11. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Design Suggestion

After seeing your design, I was inspired to play with a similar design in 1/96.

Instead of individual parts connecting the structural rings, I'm using single piece stringers that run from the top ring down through each ring to the bottom ring, slotting into each ring (similar to a cross halving joint in woodworking).

It provides a very sturdy structure, and looks good too. Just try to keep the slots reasonably tight.

Hope this helps.

I think many are awaiting further updates of your design.
  12. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Here's a picture of the framework for my 1/96 Interstage for the SRB, and a 2-ring version for inside the forward skirt. Note the interlocking slots that I described above.

13. George B

George B Senior Member

These are both great! I want 'em.... I want 'em.... I want 'em!:mrgreen:
  14. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

If you have MS Word, they are yours for the taking. I'll e-mail them to you, and you can re-size to your requirements.

Feel free to include them in your 1/480th Saturns ... just kidding (I think)...
  15. George B

George B Senior Member

Cool, PM sent.:thumb:
  16. exzealot

exzealot Member

I just came back from a week in Orlando Florida. I spent 2 of those days at Kennedy Space Center (The wife was not very happy). I took over 150 pictures of the Apollo/Saturn V. This is a full scale rocket laying on its side and separated into its stages. However, I believe the interstage was still attached at one end. When I go through these pictures, I'll post some detail pictures of the area you are working in. George B lives about 3.5 hours from KSC, so he probably has plenty of pictures too. If you ever get to Florida, KSC is a MUST SEE!!!

17. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Waeschens, do you think i can have a copy of the interstage for the saturn v i'm building please? i want more details on the interstage and i ran across yours which looks absolutely fantastic!:thumb: thank you for your help!
  18. Well I guess it is about time I got on the ball and built this thing. I have held off because I have the Revell Plastic 1/96 version. But since I got converted to paper it has allways been a project I wanted to tackle. I like what I see here. Those inner rings make a big difference.
  19. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

I working on a model of the second stage. I will be finish construction in a few days.

20. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

second stage

Waeschens, I saw your progress on Kartonbau, very impressive!