Intermountain SD40T-2

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by SeriousSam, Mar 12, 2006.

1. SeriousSam

SeriousSam Member

I just ordered a couple of these locomotives. N E one know what I should expect from these? I have never owned an Intermountain product. Are they quality products? What are yalls thoughts on these?
  2. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

I bought the InterMoutain FT A/B units and really like them. The detailing is great and they pull well. I've seen the units you're considering and the fit and finish I thought was excellent. I'm betting you'll be happy with them.
  3. 70Runner

70Runner Member

The first run was not so good. All the latest runs have had the bugs worked out,And I really like all that I own.
    These are the SD45T-2's but the 40's are pretty sweet too!
  4. SeriousSam

SeriousSam Member

thanx for the replies. I'm not sure which run I got. I probably should have put some thought into that. But I got them for a very cheap price. I am hoping to get the snoot versions next pay day
  5. johnny b

johnny b Member

Yeah , I just got one of there f-3's and it runs great. smooth and quiet.
  6. SeriousSam

SeriousSam Member

I finally got them. theres a Union Pacific and a Southern Pacific. I must say they run very nice and are very quiet. Electrical pickup is great. Details are great. The only thing I did not like was the optional cab window shades. I hooked the Southern Pacific to a Kato SD40-2 and together they pulled 65 cars. I'm sure they could pull a few more but I dont have more cars :(