Intermountain Railway Co

petey

May 17, 2004
Can someone explain the difference between Intermountain's "Regal Line" and their other line (whatever that may be)? I have just purchased one of their F7A, which is prominently marked as a Regal Line.
Thanks.

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
Unfortunately most of Intermountain's (like most manufacturers) line is assembled with very little available in kit form. They are even doing assembled models of other company's products (Tichy, Bethlehen Car Works etc). I don't think that is the distinction for the name.

petey

May 17, 2004
Hello Guys,
It may be that "Regal" identifies their products, as opposed to what they do for other firms, or it just may be a "catchy" phrase. By the way, Jerry, this is my thirteenth MP diesel, which includes a Tenshodo F3A, I decorated as #771, some "canaries", and a Balboa PA1. I also have two T&Ps, one an Atlas Classic in yell & blk, and a beautiful Sunset F3A&B, done by a friend in San Antonio, who has two models in the Smithsonian. The BLI E6 I spoke of in the other thread is a C&EI. Not trying to show off, just thought you might be interested in a "kindred spirit".

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
CalFlash said:
Unfortunately most of Intermountain's (like most manufacturers) line is assembled with very little available in kit form. They are even doing assembled models of other company's products (Tichy, Bethlehen Car Works etc). I don't think that is the distinction for the name.

I've got a bunch of Intermountain kits on my shelf to be built. Do you mean that I may have bought the last of the Intermountain kits?

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
Russ Bellinis said:
I've got a bunch of Intermountain kits on my shelf to be built. Do you mean that I may have bought the last of the Intermountain kits?
Not entirely but they do not necessarily offer everything in kit form. The kit line is a mere skeleton of the RTR line.