Intermountain RailBox mistery (for me) parts

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
I know, I know. It's summer and my brain cells are a bit overheathed, so maybe you can help me to figure out what are these things that came with my new Intermountain R-Box cars.

When I opened the box and see this tiny yellow rings, I figured that they were some detail parts, but, for a million €, I'm not able to figure neither WHAT exact parts nor where are they supposed to be mounted. :confused:

Can you give some advice to this poor, brain-damaged, guy? :p

Acc-1.jpg
Acc-2.jpg

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
They might be bushings to allow you to mount the trucks with a smaller screw? I don't think they are detail parts. If the car works as built, I would just throw them in the scrap box, and not worry about them.

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Well, I forgot to mention two facts:

a) These tiny «rings» are painted the same colour as the car body (the pics show they more reddish), so I suppose that they should go in a visible spot (the car sides?, the bulkheads?).

b) I have also a couple of the Intermountain RailBox cars in «late» scheme, and they came without any add-on. These «rings» only came with the Intermountain RailBox «early» scheme cars.

Russ, the cars don't seem to need these thingies at all but the curiosity itches me. :rolleyes:

(oh, I can always e-mail Intermountain about that, but I feel that it will turn out something so obvious that I will make an stupid of me for asking about) :eek:ops:

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
I think an e mail is at hand, if they were for the trucks wouldn't they be the same color as the underframe?? I don't know what they would be for either!!:confused:.

RioGrande

Jun 10, 2004
That truck spacers is the only thing I can think of too. But they should not be necessary if the car is built and gauged correctly out of the box. OMG, they cost enough so they should be correct out of the box. All IMR cars have been shipped with KD couplers for the last several years now... so these should truly be RTR. I plan to acquire one of these Railbox too.